Reply
Frequent Contributor
steve23111
Posts: 355
Registered: ‎08-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One 360??


GaTech wrote:
For a checking account? I HIGHLY doubt that they pull your credit.

Why?  Pretty standard practice nowadays, at least for online applications.

 

I doubt they would pull all three, but they would almost certainly look at one.

 

I've been an ING Direct/Capital One 360 customer since the beginning of time (well, 2001) and was one of the first beta testers of their checking product a number of years ago.  It was a good product back in the day.

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 821 (car loan)
7/2014 - Lender-pulled EQ FICO 832 (car loan)
Frequent Contributor
LawStudentCivilis
Posts: 311
Registered: ‎06-14-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??


GaTech wrote:
For a checking account? I HIGHLY doubt that they pull your credit.

Hi GaTech,

 

They pull credit for the Capital One 360 checking because they offer a line of credit.  I think it's very stupid and a waste of a hp.  I complained to them and stated they should give customers an option to opt out of having a line of credit.  Like I stated, I have their online savings account (didn't require a hp), but I would like to have instant access to savings if need be by opening their online checking.

New Member
Mr_FYI
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-01-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??

[ Edited ]

And who's on the hook if someone becomes overdrawn even on a non-credit backed checking account?  That's right.  

 

Since the hp is not for a conventional credit card or loan, it likely does not have a significant impact on a consumer's credit score.

 

Frequent Contributor
GaTech
Posts: 374
Registered: ‎02-10-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??

I was with ING before Capitol One bought them. Does this mean I can apply for cap1 products?
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000



Frequent Contributor
LawStudentCivilis
Posts: 311
Registered: ‎06-14-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??


Mr_FYI wrote:

And who's on the hook if someone becomes overdrawn even on a non-credit backed checking account?  That's right.  

 

Since the hp is not for a conventional credit card or loan, it likely does not have a significant impact on a consumer's credit score.

 


A hp is a hp. There is no differentiation.  Just like when I opened a landline with ATT a few years ago it was on and effected my CR as a hard pull.

 

I don't get your distinction for an overdrawn account. Obviously I would be "on the hook."  And I don't over draw my accounts, I think I would know my spending habits and finances.  It's a needless hassle, I wrote on here to see if anyone knew whether it would be a pull from all three bureaus or not.  Not for someone to tell me who would be "on the hook" when obviously a bank has the power to deny any transaction that overdraws an account.

Frequent Contributor
nyancat
Posts: 435
Registered: ‎12-21-2012

Re: Capital One 360??

And NOTHING has changed since the takeover except my debit card doesn't look as cool. I like the account and it's easy to use. I also have a Schwab and a Bluebird account, but my pay from my job goes to the Capital One 360. It's the easiest account to use. Schwab is best for international (ATM fee refunds) and actually writing checks (free checks and free stop payments if something goes wrong). Bluebird is how I deposit cash. All three have a purpose, but for general banking, Capital One 360 is awesome.

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Arrival+ - $5,000; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase British Airways - $14,500; Discover It - $4,500
New Member
Mr_FYI
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-01-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??

@LawStudentCivilis:

 

1.  If the customer does not make good on an overdraft, the bank is stuck collecting.  Sorry, I did not think I had to spell it out and draw diagrams.

2.  Banks and even credit unions routinely run credit reports for new aapplications, for the reason named above.  C1360 ran a TU on me in June 2012.  I get my score monthly from truecredit.com.  It made no difference.  Deal with it.

3.  Based on your logic, no financial institution should ever need to run a credit report on you, because you know your spending habits, etc.  I hope you do/did better arguing in moot court.

4.Ask your friendly neighborhood banker how much they lose at his branch each year from overdrawn accounts that DO NOT even have credit privileges attached.  

 

 

Frequent Contributor
LawStudentCivilis
Posts: 311
Registered: ‎06-14-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??


nyancat wrote:

And NOTHING has changed since the takeover except my debit card doesn't look as cool. I like the account and it's easy to use. I also have a Schwab and a Bluebird account, but my pay from my job goes to the Capital One 360. It's the easiest account to use. Schwab is best for international (ATM fee refunds) and actually writing checks (free checks and free stop payments if something goes wrong). Bluebird is how I deposit cash. All three have a purpose, but for general banking, Capital One 360 is awesome.


Thanks, I thought it would be a great account to have. It is a little annoying having to wait two days if I would need any funds for any emergency out of my savings account.

Frequent Contributor
LawStudentCivilis
Posts: 311
Registered: ‎06-14-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??


Mr_FYI wrote:

@LawStudentCivilis:

 

1.  If the customer does not make good on an overdraft, the bank is stuck collecting.  Sorry, I did not think I had to spell it out and draw diagrams.

2.  Banks and even credit unions routinely run credit reports for new aapplications, for the reason named above.  C1360 ran a TU on me in June 2012.  I get my score monthly from truecredit.com.  It made no difference.  Deal with it.

3.  Based on your logic, no financial institution should ever need to run a credit report on you, because you know your spending habits, etc.  I hope you do/did better arguing in moot court.

4.Ask your friendly neighborhood banker how much they lose at his branch each year from overdrawn accounts that DO NOT even have credit privileges attached.  

 

 


1. Your picture is very fitting.

 

2. Thanks for completely ignoring my argument the bank has every right to deny any account that puts them in over draft. (Hope you do better reasoning than this in your own professional/personal life).

 

3. I didn't think I had to spell out to you a hard pull is a hard pull regardless of the institution pulling it, but I guess by your condescending tone we're both being a little slow this morning.

 

4.  Yes there are different financial institutions, but it's funny I've had checking/savings account with three different institutions since the age 9 and this is the first one to pull a credit report.  Also, please work on your reading comprehension, never did I once complain about the credit pull in my initial comment, I wanted to know whether they pull one bureau or all 3. You simply wasted one of your five posts to internet thug.

 

5.  I guess my arguments are just fine since you ignored half of them, and I already have a job offer with one year of school left.  I can't say that about half of my friends that graduated in May. :smileytongue:

Established Contributor
Simply827
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎10-15-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??


LawStudentCivilis wrote:

nyancat wrote:

And NOTHING has changed since the takeover except my debit card doesn't look as cool. I like the account and it's easy to use. I also have a Schwab and a Bluebird account, but my pay from my job goes to the Capital One 360. It's the easiest account to use. Schwab is best for international (ATM fee refunds) and actually writing checks (free checks and free stop payments if something goes wrong). Bluebird is how I deposit cash. All three have a purpose, but for general banking, Capital One 360 is awesome.


Thanks, I thought it would be a great account to have. It is a little annoying having to wait two days if I would need any funds for any emergency out of my savings account.


If you have savings and checking with Cap1 360, you can transfer from savings to checking and withdraw with your ATM card immediately.


Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ 689 EX 703 TU 707
Goal Score: 700+

PSECU $10000 | Discover IT $9250 | Barclay Ring $6500 | DCU $5000 | Citi DC $4600 | Amex BCP $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | PayPal Extras MC $3000 | US Airways $2000 | Cap 1 Platinum $1700 | Cap 1 QS One $1500 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $200

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}