Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One ACH

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Capital One ACH

Well, thought I would throw this out. I got pinched. It used to be if you paid your bill on a Friday, they didnt ACH till Monday night.

Well, not any more LOL, they get thiers on Friday Night. Wasnt a big deal because I have 8K overdraft protection, but if you dont have a healthy overdraft protection, it could be a problem for you Smiley Happy

Just FYI

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MAstudent07
Contributor

Re: Capital One ACH

Another idea is to make sure you have the funds in your account to pay off the bill before the ACH date, because taking the chance is too risky. Luckily, overdraft protection does just that protects you. Thanks for the heads up. Smiley Happy

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 2 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Well, thought I would throw this out. I got pinched. It used to be if you paid your bill on a Friday, they didnt ACH till Monday night.

Well, not any more LOL, they get thiers on Friday Night. Wasnt a big deal because I have 8K overdraft protection, but if you dont have a healthy overdraft protection, it could be a problem for you Smiley Happy

Just FYI

I don't play the "float" game anymore.  I know that this is an ACH so float isn't really a factor here, but everything seems to get faster and faster with regard to payment speed.  If I make a payment today, I always make sure I have the funds in the account and available to be pulled.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I agree, but for the last 4 years it has ALWAYS posted on Monday. So I figured someone might be floating it without ODP so maybe save someone a headache.

On the flipside though they have stopped delaying crediting your CL.

My CL was restored immediatly on both cards.

Maybe the have a way of knowing it isnt going to be returned now.......dunno Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@minimock wrote:

I agree, but for the last 4 years it has ALWAYS posted on Monday. So I figured someone might be floating it without ODP so maybe save someone a headache.

On the flipside though they have stopped delaying crediting your CL.

My CL was restored immediatly on both cards.

Maybe the have a way of knowing it isnt going to be returned now.......dunno Smiley Happy

Either that or they finally gave you credit for 4 years of good payments and trust that you're not going to bounce the payment!  Smiley Tongue

When I had any of the HSBC subprime cards, they would hold any payment over $100 for a week before my CL was restored.  A tough thing to deal with if you're working with a $300 limit! 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 6
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Interesting, my Capital One payments, if submitted by 5pm Eastern, were credited and debited that same day. I've never had a float with Capital One. WFNNB, on the other hand...
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.