cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One AF

Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One AF

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

 

He kept the $10K card.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One AF


drkaje wrote:

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

 

He kept the $10K card.



Smiley Surprised Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Message 22 of 25
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One AF


Mustanglvr2006 wrote:

drkaje wrote:

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

 

He kept the $10K card.



Smiley Surprised Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????


Here's what I think: Card companies put you in a certain risk group upon initial approval. Some companies let you graduate and others do not. I also feel companies have separatet divisions to manage trade line tiers. My Citi CashReturns and Diamond preferred Worlds have a different customer service numbers. CashReturns is pretty much always handled stateside and they are far friendlier, despite both having limits around $10K. You can get account help from either number but I always call the CashReturns' customer service for help.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One AF


bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...

Message 24 of 25
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One AF


daylove wrote:

bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...


Well daylove I can't speak for anyone else but I applied for this card ages ago so I could start rebuilding my credit because at that time I had file a BK and really didn't have a choice.  I'm WAYYYYY past poor credit now and do need to pay their AF anymore.  I really don't use the card anyway.


Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 25