Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One AF

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One AF

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

He kept the $10K card.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

A buddy of mine started out with Cap1, post BK. 8 years later they would not waive the AF so he cancelled it. Previous year he called asking for it to be waived but they offered an unsecured card with $10K limit, LOL!

He kept the $10K card.

Smiley Surprised Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????

Message 22 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

He kept the $10K card.

Smiley Surprised Is there ANY rhyme or reason behind Crap1's decisions????????????????????????????????????????????

Here's what I think: Card companies put you in a certain risk group upon initial approval. Some companies let you graduate and others do not. I also feel companies have separatet divisions to manage trade line tiers. My Citi CashReturns and Diamond preferred Worlds have a different customer service numbers. CashReturns is pretty much always handled stateside and they are far friendlier, despite both having limits around $10K. You can get account help from either number but I always call the CashReturns' customer service for help.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 23 of 25
daylove
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...

Message 24 of 25
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@daylove wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:
I'd like to know the as well. I plan on trying to get them to waive AF in March - otherwise I will close acct.

Why applying for a card with an annual fee if you do not want to pay it? Do not expect them to waive it...

Well daylove I can't speak for anyone else but I applied for this card ages ago so I could start rebuilding my credit because at that time I had file a BK and really didn't have a choice.  I'm WAYYYYY past poor credit now and do need to pay their AF anymore.  I really don't use the card anyway.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.