Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One APR

tag
sglov

Capital One APR

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some insight into what you have for APR's with Capital One, and if it's an introductory APR, limited time, or permament?

I ask because I did a live chat with a rep who said my APR was already "very low and very few customers get this low rate" - its 10.9%

He then informed me that a Supervisor will review my account and get back to me.

What have your experiences been?

Sarah

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One APR

10.9% is low by bank standards, and a lot of CU standards.  The person you spoke with is correct, it's low.

I recently got their Venture (AF) card and was given the highest APR (20.9%), no introductory period.  My last approval in November 2013, Barclays Arrival (AF) with 0% for 12 months, then 14.99%

Message 2 of 13
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

It's low. They just approved me for Quicksilver two weeks ago for lowest limit ($3000) and highest APR (20.9%) with 795 FICO but I don't mind since I will never pay them 1 cent of interest. I will take my $100 bonus and run away. Check in the mail already.   Smiley Happy

I was hoping to build relationship but they screwed right at start.

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Had one at 19.9, canceled it last yr, have another at 9.9

Message 4 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I have an old Capital One card that's now a Quicksilver that has a 5.9% APR. Not quite sure how that ever happened, it was from before I paid attention to credit.
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 5 of 13
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

10.99 is extremely low espicially for capitol one! the true way to figure out apr however is to take the rate of inflation which i believe in average is 3.2% and subtract it from your apr.

Message 6 of 13
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

On VentureOne I had 0% intro for 12 months and now it's 13.9%

Message 7 of 13
Scott90
Contributor

My quicksilver is 4%. (Military - service member civil relief act)
Message 8 of 13
titanofold
Established Contributor

My fiancée has the Cap1 Platinum MC with an 8.15% APR. She's never really paid attention to her credit. This card doesn't get any rewards, though. But that's okay, it's like having a revolving personal loan.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 9 of 13
Drew
Frequent Contributor

I've had the same APR since opening the card three years ago;  it is 18.9%.  Smiley Indifferent  Good job there, OP.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.