Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One AU HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One AU HP?

I'm not sure if I've seen this somewhere or if someone told me. Does Capital One do a HP on the AU when you add them? I've also heard capital one pulls all 3 credit bureaus when you app. Does this apply to the AU as well? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One AU HP?

yes Cap1 pull all 3 CB when you apply

I don't know anything about adding AU

Message 2 of 8
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I have never heard of a case of Cap One performing a HP on a AU account. It never happened to either myself or my wife when we added each other as AU's on our individual accounts. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, there wont be any HPs when you add an AU

Message 4 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

No Hp for us , I'm on my Fiance's cc and he is on mine
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HP on my credit report when my ex husband added me as an AU way back in the day. 

Message 6 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

AU is not applying for credit and has no liability to the account.  Only the primary account holder gets the HP and the only one responsible for the entire debt put on that account (not card).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I highly doubt Cap-1 would brazenly break the LAW by HPing an A/U with clearly no legal permissible purpose....

The entire AU process, in itself is a 'hack' with regard to credit reporting in the 1st place, we all know it's an end around.

However, the truth is the A and B relationship is between the lender and the account holder only NOT the AU, the AU is actually a total 3rd party with ZERO responsibility or relationship to the lender.

The lender has zero, right or permission to run anything on the AU...remember, typically all that is required is an account holder saying 'get add so & so' to my account... Please send me a card in the name of 'Donald Trump'

In fairness, Donald never officially requested ANYTHING nor signed anything....

In all honesty, if I were a lender I'd find dealing with AU accounts as a PIA and would greatly limit how I dealt with them, if at all.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.