Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Account Change-Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Account Change-Success!

So I decided to close my Capital One Platinum account with AF this morning.  I had recently acquired the Amex BCE and USAA World Mastercard, so the old Cap One was expendable.

I spoke to the rep and he asked me why I wanted to close my account. I told him that I didn't want an AF and I wanted rewards, something this card did not have.

He immediately told me that he was showing that I was eligible for an account change to the Capital One Venture One card.  I told him that is good news, however I did not want a hard pull on the account in order to do this.  

He informed me that no credit pull needed to be done and I could keep my same number and account opened date.

My new card will be here in 7 days.

So yes people, an account change is possible with Capital One and I can't express enough how awesome these guys are.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Account Change-Success!

Congratulations. Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Whoa..........

You must be 'in' with them somehow....tell us all the way!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 41
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice!  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:
Whoa..........

You must be 'in' with them somehow....tell us all the way!

Yes, I certainly feel the love!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 41
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I decided to close my Capital One Platinum account with AF this morning.  I had recently acquired the Amex BCE and USAA World Mastercard, so the old Cap One was expendable.

I spoke to the rep and he asked me why I wanted to close my account. I told him that I didn't want an AF and I wanted rewards, something this card did not have.

He immediately told me that he was showing that I was eligible for an account change to the Capital One Venture One card.  I told him that is good news, however I did not want a hard pull on the account in order to do this.  

He informed me that no credit pull needed to be done and I could keep my same number and account opened date.

So yes people, an account change is possible with Capital One and I can't express enough how awesome these guys are.

+1 congrats! I was able to do the same earlier this year. Funny, I still haven't used the VentureOne card. It has been in the sock drawer since receiving it.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 6 of 41
Open123
Super Contributor

Amazing, this may be the first time where I've read or heard of a successful product change from Cap One.

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 congrats! I was able to do the same earlier this year. Funny, I still haven't used the VentureOne card. It has been in the sock drawer since receiving it.

Ha!  That's funny.

The card is yellow, right?

Message 8 of 41
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha!  That's funny.

The card is yellow, right?

Veture is the blue one without any AF. VentureOne is yellow.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats crazy..... I have had the platinum card for 10 years with the same limit of 500$ since I applied. I have called numerous times to switch and i always get the same answer, im sorry. It's just sad i cant close it because they have me by the balls with the length of the account I have with them.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.