Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Account Change-Success!

tag
MAstudent07
Contributor

Re: Capital One Account Change-Success!

I thought I would share my recent (yesterday) experience with this issue. I have been a capone banking customer for several years now and yesterday I went to deposit some money in my account. After I received my receipt the lady said "I can see you have a credit card with us and aren't enrolled in our rewards program." I responded by saying "I have a reg platinum card not a rewards card." she advised I go to the lobby (across the street) and ask about enrolling in a rewards program, and I did. The banker called a number gave her id and location and talked to capone herself. She asked if I was eligible to enroll in a rewards program. While customer service was checking, she gave me the option to choose miles, points or cash back. I chose cash back and was granted the conversion. Needless to say, I was shocked. I thought it was too good to be true. The banker was shocked too because she knows how conservative her employer is. I should be getting a letter in 7-10 days. This evening I logged in my cc account and I now have a box that says "Rewards balance: 0.00" the banker said I was to earn 1% on all transactions. Here is some info:

Opened 1/2009, classic platinum, $39 AF, $1,500 cl, never late, only use it for one small recurring bill, pif.

I will start using the card more as a thank you for doing something I thought would never happen.
Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 31 of 41
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations.Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MAstudent07 wrote:
I thought I would share my recent (yesterday) experience with this issue. I have been a capone banking customer for several years now and yesterday I went to deposit some money in my account. After I received my receipt the lady said "I can see you have a credit card with us and aren't enrolled in our rewards program." I responded by saying "I have a reg platinum card not a rewards card." she advised I go to the lobby (across the street) and ask about enrolling in a rewards program, and I did. The banker called a number gave her id and location and talked to capone herself. She asked if I was eligible to enroll in a rewards program. While customer service was checking, she gave me the option to choose miles, points or cash back. I chose cash back and was granted the conversion. Needless to say, I was shocked. I thought it was too good to be true. The banker was shocked too because she knows how conservative her employer is. I should be getting a letter in 7-10 days. This evening I logged in my cc account and I now have a box that says "Rewards balance: 0.00" the banker said I was to earn 1% on all transactions. Here is some info:

Opened 1/2009, classic platinum, $39 AF, $1,500 cl, never late, only use it for one small recurring bill, pif.

I will start using the card more as a thank you for doing something I thought would never happen.

Nice!!! Congrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 41
TapDancer324
New Contributor

Congrats to the OP and to MAstudent07!

Starting Score: 534 EQ FICO: 10/11
Current Score: 727 EQ FICO; 717 TU FICO (per Lending Club) As of 6/1/14; ??? EX :
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 41
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

If you dont mind me asking what type of score did you have to get your CC with USAA?  Im a USAA memeber as well and I want to apply for a CC with them.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 35 of 41
daveg38
Established Contributor

My EQ Fico was 707 when I got the $11400 credit limit with them

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gettingstarted wrote:

If you dont mind me asking what type of score did you have to get your CC with USAA?  Im a USAA memeber as well and I want to apply for a CC with them.

My EQ score at the time they pulled it was 717.

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my CapOne Platinum ($1300 CL, $59 AF) for 10 years now.  I've never had a CLI, even though I've never missed a payment.

My AF posted to my current statement which cycles on the 17th.

My plan is to pay my balance off on Monday minus the AF.  Gonna ask for a PC (not holding my breath).  At the very least, maybe a refund of my AF.

Hopefully, the threat of closing my account will work, especially since the balance will be "zero".

Message 38 of 41
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Thanks Im waiting for my fraud alert to come off my credit report so I can apply with them and if I get it Im going to close my HSBC card but Im waiting to see what capital one will be like when they take over didn't like them the last time I was with them

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update:

After calling in thru a backdoor number, and much discussion, they gave me a $30 credit toward my annual fee.  This was pretty much what I expected.

No chance of a PC or CLI, so I'll almost definitely dump this card next year.

The one saving grace with my card is that I can do a BT to it without incurring any fees.  I'll do this sometimes to pay off another card before it's statement generates, thus allowing me a couple of more weeks to make the payment.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.