cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Account Combination -- Insight, Anyone?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Account Combination -- Insight, Anyone?

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

Don't see all of your cards?

There are several reasons why a card may not be eligible, here are the main ones:

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your onlinr banking profile.

What they write, and the actual data points provided by members, let statement cut with both at 0 (though some reported just zeroing out the combining card, while letting the nix card report statement 0).

I can confirm that you don't (necessarily) have to wait for the statement to cut... I place small charges on each of my Quicksilvers every month, and as soon as the payment posts to each account (PIF) that account becomes eligible that day to be a 'donor' card.

At least for me, all that matters is the balance being at -0-. 

When they are both PIF at the same time, the system gives me the option to move either card's credit line to the other.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Platinum Rewards MC and QS1 MC were at zero balance, but the Journey I PC'd to QS Signature Visa was not. I folded the Plat and QS1 into the QS siggy when it had a $800 balance. I waited to pay off my Venture one and folded it into the QS as well.

Message 12 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Platinum Rewards MC and QS1 MC were at zero balance, but the Journey I PC'd to QS Signature Visa was not. I folded the Plat and QS1 into the QS siggy when it had a $800 balance. I waited to pay off my Venture one and folded it into the QS as well.

Yeah, you generally don't need to have a zero balance to do a PC on a card, it's only when you're combining credit lines where the 'donor' has to be at zero.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been waiting as well for the tool to work for me. 

I have a Venture (opened June 2015) I wanted to combine with my Venture One or QS VIsa that I opened in May 2015. The Venture has a $0 balance and the other two have balances. They fall witihin the general rules. Each time I try I get the "None of your accounts are eligible" message. 

My spouse has a Venture (opened June 2015) he wanted to combine with his QS Signature opened in May 2015. Today he was eligible to do so and in a few clicks it was taken care of. 

I have a feeling that it has something to do with account record/profile in the background. Everytime I try and do a CLI I get a letter stating the "Credit Bureau has reported a recent delinqency." This message is the denial reason every time. The EO did a manual review and granted an increase back in 2014. It is odd because my reports are clear and I have not had a late payment since my Ch 7 BK which was discharged 6.5 years ago. So maybe that 'mark on my record' makes me ineligible for the combination. 

Being that other posters have said the EO cannot help with the account combination issue I guess I will keep waiting and hoping I can turn my 4 CapOne cards into 2 in the next few months. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Venture had a zero balance, but my QS had a balance. After the sixth statement cut, I combined the two cards into the QS. No problem at all.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Though I don't plan on combining anytime soon, as long as one shows a zero balance then I'm given the option to combine into the other. Doesn't matter which of my two cards. I check like once a week lol

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.