Capital One Account Combination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Account Combination

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Cap1  success!

BoA will typically require a HP for any combination so you may need to take that to combine.

Yep, the only certain things in life are death and taxes...and BoA HP for basically anything that isn't an APR reduction!

Well, there you go. lol I am waiting until next fall to take that hit.

Message 11 of 19
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Congrats on your successful combineSmiley Happy  One less account to worry about!

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

At least it'll be on TU most likely; BoA usually prefers them for any activity that isn't opening a new account (which is usually EXP).

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Musiclover, I'm glad for your success at the acount combination. Congratulations! Very nice CL now. Did you complete it online, or with CS on the phone?

BoA is so hard-pull happy, sorry to hear that part of it. Many other lenders allow you to combine or move limits between cards routinely without HP and BoA wants to ding you with a HP. They're special. Smiley Happy

A question about account combination I was just thinking of (open to anyone on the board for answering). I have 3 Capital One accounts. They are eligible to be combined at end of January. If I decide to combine just 2 of them right now, can the 3rd be combined at a later date? Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kidcat wrote:

Congrats on your successful combineSmiley Happy  One less account to worry about!

My thinking exactly! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At least it'll be on TU most likely; BoA usually prefers them for any activity that isn't opening a new account (which is usually EXP).

And that is exactly why I am waiting. lol TU is not my friend now. Experian on the other hand......The first cu I plan on applying for uses Experian so I am good to go there when the time is right.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Musiclover, I'm glad for your success at the acount combination. Congratulations! Very nice CL now. Did you complete it online, or with CS on the phone?

BoA is so hard-pull happy, sorry to hear that part of it. Many other lenders allow you to combine or move limits between cards routinely without HP and BoA wants to ding you with a HP. They're special. Smiley Happy

A question about account combination I was just thinking of (open to anyone on the board for answering). I have 3 Capital One accounts. They are eligible to be combined at end of January. If I decide to combine just 2 of them right now, can the 3rd be combined at a later date? Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Thanks, humu. It was online and very, very easy. I am guessing all available cards pop up.That is what happened to me. Took less than a minute.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ML!
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats ML!

Thanks, dasingleton!Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.