Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - After Credit Steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - After Credit Steps?

I just got my credit steps CLI about 2 weeks ago.

I'm just curious when everyone got the next CLI after the first credit steps increase from Capital One? 3 Months?  6 Months? 1 Year?

Anybody try and do a product change to a Quicksilver rewards card, right after a credit steps increase? Do they do that?  Or should I wait before I try that?

Maybe I could try asking for a CLI at the same time I ask for a product change?  I'm somewhat doubting they would give me another increase so soon to the most recent one, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask anyways?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - After Credit Steps?

I PC'd to QS w/o annual fee at my 3rd statement, so long before the CLI.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my credit steps CLI about 2 weeks ago.

I'm just curious when everyone got the next CLI after the first credit steps increase from Capital One? 3 Months?  6 Months? 1 Year?

Anybody try and do a product change to a Quicksilver rewards card, right after a credit steps increase? Do they do that?  Or should I wait before I try that?

Maybe I could try asking for a CLI at the same time I ask for a product change?  I'm somewhat doubting they would give me another increase so soon to the most recent one, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask anyways?

Hello there, cant answer the first question since I just received the Platinum card in July and I'm still in credit steps. I can tell you that its possible to request an increase and product change while still in the program. I'm not saying its a guarantee and my case might not even be the norm but I asked for a PC to QS and a CLI yesterday, PC was granted within an hour. No idea about the CLI but I'm assuming that was a no since the representative didnt mention an increase during our conversation and I didnt push it. Was super happy with the quick PC! Smiley Happy Also not sure about how soon you can ask for another CLI but hopefully someone else will chime in and we can both get the answer. Good luck

Message 3 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Usually, with credit steps you get your first CLI at the 6 month mark and another one at the one year mark. When I had my credit card, my card started with a 500 limit. It then moved to 750.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 8
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

My GF just received her credit steps on both her cards. I PC'd the one with the highest limit to a QS with no AF and going to see about changing the other as well.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 5 of 8
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

I got my journey card in feb. with a $500 credit limit. in march I was able to PC it to a VentureOne card +5k miles and another 5k miles a month after. Also they gave me a 500 cli. in april.  all before my credit steps cli hit. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AwwwYeee wrote:

I got my journey card in feb. with a $500 credit limit. in march I was able to PC it to a VentureOne card +5k miles and another 5k miles a month after. Also they gave me a 500 cli. in april.  all before my credit steps cli hit. 

If you dont mind I just wanted a little clarification. So you were able to PC a journey card to a VentureOne card which didnt include the 20k bonus miles but did offer you 5k miles and an additional 5k miles a month later for a total of 10k. Am I getting this right? Pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy Didnt think it was possible to PC a card and be offered any kind of bonus based on reading other posts here.

Message 7 of 8
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@CallaLilyLover wrote:

@AwwwYeee wrote:

If you dont mind I just wanted a little clarification. So you were able to PC a journey card to a VentureOne card which didnt include the 20k bonus miles but did offer you 5k miles and an additional 5k miles a month later for a total of 10k. Am I getting this right? Pretty sweet Smiley Very Happy Didnt think it was possible to PC a card and be offered any kind of bonus based on reading other posts here.

Yeah.. its pretty cool.. Since PCing my journey didn't qualify me to get the 20k bonus. I asked if they can offer me anything and they gave me 5k. Then a month later I asked if I can get another 5k and they said they'll see what they can do. a day later it was in my account.. They're considered "goodwill" miles 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.