cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Any way to get this resolved without involving the EO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - Any way to get this resolved without involving the EO?

Gotcha, thanks.
Message 21 of 28
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Alright, so here is my experience for what it's worth. Opened up both plat and qs1 on 10/31/15 both 300 cl. i received 500 cli on both on 2/15, then credit steps to 1.3 k on both 4/15. Now around that time applied for a V1 and was approved for 3k 4/15. Then figured wth approved for venture 5k 6/15. CLI on v1 around 6/15 to 5k cli on venture to 8k around 9/15. Now it had been about a year for my qs1/plat and I couldn't for the life of me get the af removed. Tried everything. Finally when my v1 card turned 6 months old checked to see if it had a PC option which it did to the regular QS. So I took it, combined both my plat and qs1 into it leaving me with 2 cap one cards Venture at 8k and QS at 8.1k. Very convoluted process but the end result was positive. 

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 22 of 28
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@alexl22 wrote:

Alright, so here is my experience for what it's worth. Opened up both plat and qs1 on 10/31/15 both 300 cl. i received 500 cli on both on 2/15, then credit steps to 1.3 k on both 4/15. Now around that time applied for a V1 and was approved for 3k 4/15. Then figured wth approved for venture 5k 6/15. CLI on v1 around 6/15 to 5k cli on venture to 8k around 9/15. Now it had been about a year for my qs1/plat and I couldn't for the life of me get the af removed. Tried everything. Finally when my v1 card turned 6 months old checked to see if it had a PC option which it did to the regular QS. So I took it, combined both my plat and qs1 into it leaving me with 2 cap one cards Venture at 8k and QS at 8.1k. Very convoluted process but the end result was positive. 

Yeah, unfortunately Capital One doesn't seem to want to give me another card. I've applied for all three top tier cards within the past two months, and always get extremely vague denials, like "Not enough real estate accounts," or "Current limits are sufficient for usage." 

That's why I'm trying to get these PC'd to regular QS's. I do plan to combine them after my next round of CLI's in April, before their AF's hit, so at least I'll save some money.

Message 23 of 28
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Just apply for a new  regular QS if your fico is much better than before.

Sometimes you have to start fresh in a higher tier.

i have be denied CLI on 3,500 card then applied for new card and got 10,000!

They have odd policies and formulas sometimes.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 24 of 28
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Just apply for a new  regular QS if your fico is much better than before.

Sometimes you have to start fresh in a higher tier.

i have be denied CLI on 3,500 card then applied for new card and got 10,000!

They have odd policies and formulas sometimes.

Yeah, I know you can get stuck in their lower tiers, and applying for a better card can get you out of that sub-prime box. However, Capital One seems to be done providing me with any more cards at this time. I get very vague denial reasons like, "Not enough real estate accounts," or "Current limits are sufficient for usage."

Funny, they think $2,200 is sufficient, when I have over $2k charged on the card this month alone. 

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gone through this same experience.  My Qs1 is a year old. I have tried a couple times to get it pc'd to no avail. I just got my statement with the $39 fee. I will only pay it one more time. My credit file is only a year old and I don't want to close just yet. I have gotten several prime cards and content where I am.  I also have wondered if the new accounts play into their decision.

I am gardening now.  If I can't get anything to change by my 2ND anniversary date, I will close it. They will be no different than Merrick Bank type card and will serve me no purpose.

Message 26 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have gone through this same experience.  My Qs1 is a year old. I have tried a couple times to get it pc'd to no avail. I just got my statement with the $39 fee. I will only pay it one more time. My credit file is only a year old and I don't want to close just yet. I have gotten several prime cards and content where I am.  I also have wondered if the new accounts play into their decision.

I am gardening now.  If I can't get anything to change by my 2ND anniversary date, I will close it. They will be no different than Merrick Bank type card and will serve me no purpose.

I feel your pain... my QS1 is just a few months shy of being nine years old... and when I last tried back in the summer they still wouldn't allow me a PC to a non-AF card.  Now that combining accounts is an option, if they turn me down again I plan to just roll the credit line into my QS Visa Signature. 

I would actually prefer to keep the QS1 open, since it's one of my oldest accounts and lower APRs (14.9%), but I just can't stomach paying the AF again.  My AF is $79, which they will usually waive half, making it $39.50, which is still slightly higher than someone with a new QS1 card.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. OP, best convoluted approach may be to get a new Platinum and upgrade to QS after 2nd statement. Once that card is 6 mos old combine it with your old QS1s.

What a PITA.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.