cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Approval Status Sent in Mail = Denial?

tag
Insoc
New Contributor

Capital One Approval Status Sent in Mail = Denial?

Was showing I prequalifed for two Capital One Cards via their checker, Platinum and Quicksilver, took the Quicksilver and applied, got the following message:

"Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days."  I'm thinking this is a denial because I never applied to a card and received a letter in the mail with the results.  Since having tried Capital One twice in the past year since BK Discharge I'm thinking they have me on the Blacklist, both times they never did hard pulls since I checked my credit reports and do not see anything from Capital One.

I did burn them for $3K approx in my BK.  Also the card when to Charge Off prior to filing.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Approval Status Sent in Mail = Denial?

Not necessarily. I'd just give them a call. Best of luck!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago was the C/O?

Message 3 of 7
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@Insoc wrote:

Was showing I prequalifed for two Capital One Cards via their checker, Platinum and Quicksilver, took the Quicksilver and applied, got the following message:

"Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days."  I'm thinking this is a denial because I never applied to a card and received a letter in the mail with the results.  Since having tried Capital One twice in the past year since BK Discharge I'm thinking they have me on the Blacklist, both times they never did hard pulls since I checked my credit reports and do not see anything from Capital One.

I did burn them for $3K approx in my BK.  Also the card when to Charge Off prior to filing.

Got the same message last month. Took them 3 weeks from the date of application before I got my card. You can always try the application status number at (877) 277-5901. 

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 4 of 7
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Agreee with calling the status number, the people there are nice and helpful.

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Insoc wrote:

"Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days."  I'm thinking this is a denial because I never applied to a card and received a letter in the mail with the results.

Doesn't mean anything one way or another.  A manual review is needed is all it means.  If it was an outright denial you'd already have the denial.

Message 6 of 7
Insoc
New Contributor

I got one notfication of an inquiry to Experian, so that's a first from them since there were no hard pulls on my last two attempts in 2013 for the Secured and Journey Card which both got denials.  Wait and see, I did call the number and said it's under review.  I did not speak to anyone, can an agent give you instant status?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.