Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance -- GW address and letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance -- GW address and letter

My wife had a Capital One Auto Finanace installment loan jointly with her ex-husband. It's status is Paid, Closed/Current, was past due 30 days as of July 2003, December 2003. As it now stands I think this will stay on her CR for 7 years from the date the loan was closed.

I think the best way to address this "baddie" is to send a GW letter to them. Is that correct? And, does anyone have a "good address" to send the letter? Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Finance -- GW address and letter

A 30 day late from 4+ years ago is not affecting her score-

It was closed in good standing- when the 7 year mark hit for the late it will go away- the account will appear on her CR for 10 years after closed.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concentrate efforts for GW in baddies less than 2 years old and then ANYTHING over 60.

You could send a GW letter to them.

Capital One Auto Finance
3901 DALLAS PKWY
PLANO, TX 75093
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I should concentrate first on any bad items that she has which are less than 2 years old? Then items 60 months (or less) old?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 Days-

Minor Derogs= 30 days late and 60 days late over 2 years old.

Major Derogs- 60's under 2 years old and anything over 60 day's late.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I should concentrate first on any bad items that she has which are less than 2 years old? Then items 60 months (or less) old?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ruralguy123 wrote:
So I should concentrate first on any bad items that she has which are less than 2 years old? Then items 60 months (or less) old?

Yes, if you wish to prioritize. However some people find it easy to just to work on everything. It depends on what matters to you- however, those that are 2-3 y/o or sooner are the ones that are hurting most.

Reason I say three years is that some CC decline on open baddies less than 3 y/o.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.