Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Autopay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Autopay

I set up autopay for my Quicksilver card for the 20th of each month. I paid the current balance a few days ago [before my due date]. I was told my a customer service rep that if you manually make a payment the autopay will skip the current month due date and would be reset for the following month [12/20]. When I asked if I would still be charged with interest for any current balance I was told "If you are charged with the interest charge please contact us back we will see what best can be done for you after paying for full statement balance."

The rep seemed evasive to answering my question. Does anyone have any insight on this? Why would anyone want to request the interest voided, that's what I want to avoid in the 1st place! Suppose it's best to simply avoid making manual payemnts and instead allow the autopay system to take over. TIA.   

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Autopay

I used auto pay for DTV years ago. It screwed up. Never did it again. Doesnt take long to login and you control your money. Not a computer. GIECO I have auto pay with but I pay it before it can take it. It cancels out the auto pay if paid before it takes it. I wont trust auto pay on a CC. Took to much work to get where I'm at to have a computer glich screw it all up. JMHO.

Message 2 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I set up autopay for my Quicksilver card for the 20th of each month. I paid the current balance a few days ago [before my due date]. I was told my a customer service rep that if you manually make a payment the autopay will skip the current month due date and would be rest for the following month [12/20]. When I asked   if I would still be charged with interest for any current balance I was told "If you are charged with the interest charge please contact us back we will see what best can be done for you after paying for full statement balance."

The rep seemed evasive to answering my question. Does anyone have any insight on this? Why would anyone want to request the interest voided, that's what I want to avoid in the 1st place! Suppose it's best to simply avoid making manual payemnts and instead allow the autopay system to take over. TIA.   

My experience with CapOne has been that if you manually make a payment, while being set up for autopay, it will STILL do the autopay, and possibly have you ending up with a credit balance like I had last month (same situation)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I set up autopay for my Quicksilver card for the 20th of each month. I paid the current balance a few days ago [before my due date]. I was told my a customer service rep that if you manually make a payment the autopay will skip the current month due date and would be rest for the following month [12/20]. When I asked   if I would still be charged with interest for any current balance I was told "If you are charged with the interest charge please contact us back we will see what best can be done for you after paying for full statement balance."

My experience with CapOne has been that if you manually make a payment, while being set up for autopay, it will STILL do the autopay, and possibly have you ending up with a credit balance like I had last month (same situation)

This is also what I experience with Cap1.  I have autopay set up for the minimum payment only  as safety net but pay before the due date manually.  Somehow I also do not trust 100% so I like to have a safety net  with autopay in case I ever forget to pay manually.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.