Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One BuyPower Card Credit Steps CLI

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Capital One BuyPower Card Credit Steps CLI

Does anyone have the BuyPower card? Mine is in the Capital One credit steps plan....make 5 ontime payments and get an increase by the 7th statement. I know with other CapOne cards they say to request a CLI at the 3rd month or so and then get the auto increase later......does the BuyPower card work the same way? I read that it is very hard to get an increase with this card, and since it is cobranded, I didn't know if it would work the same way.

Anyone out there have any experience with this card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One BuyPower Card Credit Steps CLI

My experience with Cap One is that if you have a card in Credit Steps they will not do a CLI before 5 months.  It seems that cards not in CS can get CLI more often, I got a CLI after just 2 months on the Venture One from 3k to 6k.

Message 2 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

My BuyPower card started at 5K, after 6 months I requested and was granted a CLI to $10k, at the 14 month point I requested $15k and they granted $11k with a note saying that $11k was the MAX for this card (did not say based on my profile). Note that my card was not in the credit steps program.

Message 3 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

Does anyone have the BuyPower card? Mine is in the Capital One credit steps plan....make 5 ontime payments and get an increase by the 7th statement. I know with other CapOne cards they say to request a CLI at the 3rd month or so and then get the auto increase later......does the BuyPower card work the same way? I read that it is very hard to get an increase with this card, and since it is cobranded, I didn't know if it would work the same way.

Anyone out there have any experience with this card?

I have 2 BuyPower cards (one of them is not listed in my signature line).  The first I cold-apped for, and received a SL of $5,000.  The second I received a pre-qualified offer for, which I was approved for a SL of $750 -- like you, for this card I am also on the Credit Steps program, and will be eligible for a CLI of $1,250 I think they said, after 5 months of on-time payments.  One thing I find interesting is that Cap1 gave me a CL that was much, much higher when I cold-apped, vs. applying and being approved for their pre-qualified offer...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.