Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One BuyPower Card Pre-Qualified Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One BuyPower Card Pre-Qualified Mailer

Yay, it looks like I'm beginning to receive "prescreened" offers of credit in the mail. This'll be my second one ever, received yesterday. It's from Cap1 for the BuyPower card, 0% AF and 0% Intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months, with a variable APR of 20.15% after that. Too bad I don't have a need for a new GM vehicle. I didn't even know this card existed lol!

I believe that's the lowest APR offer I've ever received since rebuilding my credit. Things are looking better in my CR and I have you myficoers to thank for!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One BuyPower Card Pre-Qualified Mailer

It does exist...not a very popular card from what I've read here on the forum.  Many get approved for this card but the limits tend to be rather low...

Message 2 of 9
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

congratulations!

My scores are similar to you and i recieved their offer before and decided to apply the 2nd time around and was approved for $2,000 limit. i just recieved the card so i have no experience with it so far.

Message 3 of 9
Poppa
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 4 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I have this card and I was one of the ones to get a $300 SL, but I am ok with that. I use this card a lot and I pay on it often, so the 5% is adding up fast!!! New Caddie here I come!!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son received the Buy Power mailer with a 16.?  interest rate after a year.  He apped and got 750.00 CL and he declined.....I've taught him well, lol!  He has good credit and much better limits on his current bank cards.   He just was approved for the Venture card with a 7500.00 CL, so why the low limit on the Buy power card?  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

got this mailer too! no AF, 0% intro 1yr, 16.15% after. my very first cap1 mail prequal! yey lolz! not apping as i have no use for it.

i guess checking cap1 prequals online triggered it. works for me. *im prequalified on venture and qs but not apping til i need to. 

Message 7 of 9
creditguy
Valued Contributor

It's a hit or miss card, you never can really gauge what the SL will be. I applied blindly and got a $3k SL when others with better scores were getting $300 SL's so go figure. Your scores are better than mine were at the time so in theory you should get what I got or better but like I said that's theory. If your not into GM cards than its probably a pass or else its an easy way to get a WEMC for what it's worth. Congratulations on your progress. 

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I keep receiving this mailer every other week, and I keep shredding it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.