Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC Account Limit?

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Capital One CC Account Limit?

Currently, I have two capital one cards... Both non secured..  I recently applied for a third one but was declined because Capital One said that they only allow customers to have 2 of any of there credit cards.. Has anybody else run into this?

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CC Account Limit?

I've had the same happen to me. I've asked online and over the phone and no one seems to know what the correct answer is. Some say it's true and others say it's not. But then why would a denial letter state it was because of that reason? Horrible.

Message 2 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i have 3 from cap1 but one is a kohls

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

Capital one limits the number of cards you can have to two. that doesnt include co-branded cards or cards you're an AU on.

( i work for cap1, so yea. theres a limit)

also, if you close a card, you can immediately apply and get approved for a new one.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 4 of 8
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

I wonder why they would limit you to only 2 accounts? You would think they want more business? Especially if youre in good standing.. I'm sure they have a reason behind it, i just wonder what it is...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juan123 wrote:

Capital one limits the number of cards you can have to two. that doesnt include co-branded cards or cards you're an AU on.

( i work for cap1, so yea. theres a limit)

also, if you close a card, you can immediately apply and get approved for a new one.

Can you confirm the limit is the same for their small business cards?

Message 6 of 8
Juan123
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

I wonder why they would limit you to only 2 accounts? You would think they want more business? Especially if youre in good standing.. I'm sure they have a reason behind it, i just wonder what it is...

I won't make assumptions.... also. business cards are not apart of the 2 card limit.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juan123 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

I won't make assumptions.... also. business cards are not apart of the 2 card limit.

Is it 2 personal/2 business card limit?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.