cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC approval with (641EQ & 614TU) possible?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One CC approval with (641EQ & 614TU) possible?

So i should wait tell i can get my Equifax score higher than 550?  Even though my other two scores are 600+...?

Thanks

Message 11 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

So i should wait tell i can get my Equifax score higher than 550?  Even though my other two scores are 600+...?

Thanks

Anything showing on the EQ that isn't reflecting on the other two? They pull Experian Immediately and the other two are over a specified period (unknown to me). If you feel as if the scores are stuck where they are and only time will repair, then maybe so. But if yu can wait, I would do that then to waste an inquiry if you aren't approved. It's touch and go here, and your call.

I recently went on an app spree and I actually was approved for two that I did not think would come through...and denied for a slew of others due to the repos. Only difference wirth my repos is that they both are updating each month giving it a more recent appearance.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 19
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Latest update from Cap1.....

First message was - "We need more information to further review your application" transfers me to a back door representative who directs me to send proof  of  SS# and address via fax. (Done)

Second message- "We have received your application and you will be notified in the mail by May 7, 2010, this is all the automated or representatives know at this time"

Now, this is beginning to worry me, do you all think that they mean my "DENIAL" letter should be in the mail before May 7th or am I still in he race of an approval?

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Message 13 of 19
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Bump....

Message 14 of 19
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Latest update. I WAS DENIED!!!! I haven't got the letter in the mail yet, but the backdoor rep said it was some BS about an incomplete application. I don't understand this after they requested my SS# and proof of address. I checked my reports and noticed the hard inquires on EQ and TU. And noticed my TU score had gone up to 629 from 614. I'm not understanding Cap 1 right now, any one have any advice PLEASE CHIME IN.

Message 15 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

recon?

Message 16 of 19
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

OK FICO friends, update on my Cap 1 excursion. After faxing them twice a copy of my SS card and hey said was not legible. Then mailing a copy to the PO Box, called the automated app status number and it said "I was APPROVED". I spoke with the accounts Manager at the back door and asked about the CL. She informed me it was for $500. All this work for $500, but I refused to take 3 hard inquires and didn't get something out these people.

I don't know if it's credit step or what. As a matter of fact, it's been so long I forgot what card I applied for LOLSmiley Very Happy. I don't know if it's best not to have a credit step program card or not. I plan to just make small purchases and PIF every month. Hopefully this will help. Thanks guys/gals!!

Message 17 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Want-a-better-FICO wrote:

OK FICO friends, update on my Cap 1 excursion. After faxing them twice a copy of my SS card and hey said was not legible. Then mailing a copy to the PO Box, called the automated app status number and it said "I was APPROVED". I spoke with the accounts Manager at the back door and asked about the CL. She informed me it was for $500. All this work for $500, but I refused to take 3 hard inquires and didn't get something out these people.

I don't know if it's credit step or what. As a matter of fact, it's been so long I forgot what card I applied for LOLSmiley Very Happy. I don't know if it's best not to have a credit step program card or not. I plan to just make small purchases and PIF every month. Hopefully this will help. Thanks guys/gals!!

Great, Great, Great work. I commend your effort. Funny enough, it seems I had a similar issue. I faxed, and faxed, and faxed my docs repeatedly and they continued to state they had not recieved them. One rep said that very thing (maybe it wasn't legible through the scanner, another said maybe something was wrong with my scanner....when I advised them I work for a major bank with hundreds coming in and out per day, no problem there) and I finally just mailed them a copy Certified Mail, return Receipt. Otherwise I would quit, but three hards is simply too much to quit on.

I applied at the same time as with my fiancee and she has recieved her card already. I am still awaiting word, problaly due to the fraud alert on my reports.

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 18 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Want-a-better-FICO wrote:

Great, Great, Great work. I commend your effort. Funny enough, it seems I had a similar issue. I faxed, and faxed, and faxed my docs repeatedly and they continued to state they had not recieved them. One rep said that very thing (maybe it wasn't legible through the scanner, another said maybe something was wrong with my scanner....when I advised them I work for a major bank with hundreds coming in and out per day, no problem there) and I finally just mailed them a copy Certified Mail, return Receipt. Otherwise I would quit, but three hards is simply too much to quit on.

I applied at the same time as with my fiancee and she has recieved her card already. I am still awaiting word, problaly due to the fraud alert on my reports.

Just called again (as I do daily) and found out I was approved as well! (Yay!) Spoke tp a rep after finding out the info from the recording and I am in the credit Steps prog. The difference here (from what I have read with others) is that there is only one CLI, which is after my 5th bill cylce which will double from 500.00 to 1,000.00.

I'll take it. Better than nothing.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.