cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC approval with (641EQ & 614TU) possible?

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Capital One CC approval with (641EQ & 614TU) possible?

Hello FICO family, I have had some trouble in my past and I'm currently trying to improve my credit. I have came a long way with you guys input and guidance. I was wondering if I could get approved for a Capital One CC with a EQ FICO 641 and a TU FICO 614? I noticed Capital One is a little easier than others. Any advice is accepted.

Thanks in advance

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CC approval with (641EQ & 614TU) possible?

I was approved with lower scores than that. I would also recommend a credit union secured or unsecured.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 19
ALP
New Contributor

They have a prequalifier section on their website if you want to test it before the pulling the trigger.  

Also note, if you do pull the trigger, the pull a hard on all 3.   

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Message 3 of 19
swins24
New Contributor

I got approved last week for the capital one platinum with a EQ 596 and trans 622 score 500cl credit steps program. The pre approval didn't have any offers at the time I pre app'd but it invited me to apply for the platinum card, I did get the 7 to 10 day message but after calling the app status line I found out I was approved. So yes it is possible.

Message 4 of 19
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Update.... I just called the backdoor App status # and I have to send proof of SS# and Address (utility bill). I this going in the right direction for approval?

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I don't think they would ask for paperwork unless you had a decent chance for approval.

Message 6 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Same thing happened to me today, from an app from last week. I sent mine in via the fax number which was provided to me via the Account rep at the backdoor number. Interesting.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 7 of 19
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I had a car repo in 2008 but my score aren't horrible EX: 640 EQ: 550 TU 604 Do i have a chance of being approved?

Message 8 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

I had a car repo in 2008 but my score aren't horrible EX: 640 EQ: 550 TU 604 Do i have a chance of being approved?

Well, if you are a star like the real KEAK...you may have your own card, LOL. It's touch and go. I thought I was prime for denial (two repos - both being litigated - only two baddies on ALL 3 CR's) but I was informed that my addy and SSN needed to be verified and someone else had the same (jmack711) and his was approved...so i assume I may just get in as well.

If you have an current CC's, pay down that utilzation under 9% (or as far down as you can) then apply. It could be the difference between an approval at a lower limit and higher limit. But yet, depending on your situation just apply...never know. Some have been approved with scores in your range and lower (among the other two which yours is higher).

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 9 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

I'd look for >600 on both (they pull all 3) for better results b4 pulling the trigger.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.