Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CEO Email Recon

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Capital One CEO Email Recon

So last Sunday I chatted online via secure chat with a rep on my account asking for a CLI.  I have had my Venture card for about 2 years and never had a CLI.  After getting my information he came back and said it was not approved.  Of course he was just doing his job so I saved the chat to a PDF and emailed it to the CEO explaining why I would not be renewing my card next year.  Was very pleasant about it just being honest why I would not pay their fee anymore.  That they are my only card with a AF and most of my other accounts have a higher CL.  I did receive a call from their Executive Office on Tuesday asking what kind of CL I was looking for.  I told him $25,000 would be more in line with my other cards but I would take something lower if it was reasonable.  He once again took my information and said I would hear back within 48 hours.  He called me back on Thursday letting me know they could double my CL to $15,000 and then would refund the AF ($59) I just paid a month ago.  Also somehow he was able to take the AF off my account all together so in the future I would never be charged an annual fee. 

Couldn't ask for more then that.  I am more then happy to take double miles on all purchases and not have to pay fees for it.  I won't be leaving Capital One anytime soon and they will remain my primary card for everyday purchases.  I appreciate the advice reading over the forums on sending an email.  I don't expect that kind of response.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One CEO Email Recon

@nicemann wrote:

So last Sunday I chatted online via secure chat with a rep on my account asking for a CLI.  I have had my Venture card for about 2 years and never had a CLI.  After getting my information he came back and said it was not approved.  Of course he was just doing his job so I saved the chat to a PDF and emailed it to the CEO explaining why I would not be renewing my card next year.  Was very pleasant about it just being honest why I would not pay their fee anymore.  That they are my only card with a AF and most of my other accounts have a higher CL.  I did receive a call from their Executive Office on Tuesday asking what kind of CL I was looking for.  I told him $25,000 would be more in line with my other cards but I would take something lower if it was reasonable.  He once again took my information and said I would hear back within 48 hours.  He called me back on Thursday letting me know they could double my CL to $15,000 and then would refund the AF ($59) I just paid a month ago.  Also somehow he was able to take the AF off my account all together so in the future I would never be charged an annual fee. 

Couldn't ask for more then that.  I am more then happy to take double miles on all purchases and not have to pay fees for it.  I won't be leaving Capital One anytime soon and they will remain my primary card for everyday purchases.  I appreciate the advice reading over the forums on sending an email.  I don't expect that kind of response.

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 17
nicemann
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@nicemann wrote:

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks!  Been on here for years and I have learned a lot on here.

Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Very nicely done...congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats nice increase

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 17
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Based on my experience, Cap One is willing to raise your CL to make it the 2rd lowest CC, instead of THE lowest. 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 7 of 17
hot4u
Established Contributor

Awesome job. 

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 8 of 17
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 17
scarzy
Regular Contributor

That's the way to do it!! Congrats!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.