Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CEO not doing CLI

tag
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CEO not doing CLI

Thanks myjourney Smiley Happy

Ron - good luck! FYI - you are still my hero.
MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 31 of 38
Ron1
Super Contributor

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

Thanks. I might not get it. They're pretty conservative giving out CLI.

Ron.

Message 32 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

Ron.

I have been noticing the last month to month and a half $500 seems to be the magic CLI number and I suspected a change was coming but you can bet I will test it out to see. $500 on my business card will be like a slap in the face don't really care about my personal card if it's a $500 CLI  Smiley Mad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 33 of 38
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:

Ron.

I have been noticing the last month to month and a half $500 seems to be the magic CLI number and I suspected a change was coming but you can bet I will test it out to see. $500 on my business card will be like a slap in the face don't really care about my personal card if it's a $500 CLI  Smiley Mad

Agreed. I am still thankful however, because I'm sure they didn't have to do anything.  But it appeared I was a day late and a dollar short on the big CLI's they were giving.

Message 34 of 38
rushx2112
New Contributor

Hopefully they'll still be around when my Orchard finally converts.  No point using it frequently without a rewards structure now that I've got some decent cards.  Hoping they'll convert it to the Quicksilver!

Message 35 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rushx2112 wrote:

Hopefully they'll still be around when my Orchard finally converts.  No point using it frequently without a rewards structure now that I've got some decent cards.  Hoping they'll convert it to the Quicksilver!

Just called back by the EO.  I had reported two issues, one of my cards had no rewards (from 1999), so it wasn't being used, and could it be quicksilvered, and that my CLI request on the other card had come back with Credit Record not found.....

He said that they are reviewing millions of records for quicksilver conversion, and it would take several months.  He offered 1% cash back, 1.25 miles (Venture One) or 2 miles with AF (Venture), and said taking the 1% cash wouldn't preclude later conversion to quicksilver.  So I went with that although I won't use that card.  He also took my request for CLI on the other card to the underwriters, so we will see.  Doubt if I will get it as I am using it too little but who knows.

Message 36 of 38
Kysmet10
Valued Member

I emailed them and realized they left a message on my home number instead of my cell which is what I gave in the email.  I called them probably three weeks later because I was out of town and luckily was approved for a CLI.  I had a feeling then they were ready to move the process to online only. 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Tending to my garden for six (6) months October 2013 - April 2014
Message 37 of 38
john398
Senior Contributor

I totally belive that it was somewhat sucessful using EO because they pushed to get the online CLI working I am sure...

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.