Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI +100 (10%) Take IT???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI +100 (10%) Take IT???

Is this for real? I mean $100? if I take this will I still be entitled for any other better yet higher credit limit increase later on? This seems to be a joke Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 6.13.34 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI +100 (10%) Take IT???

I wouldn't accept... I would hold off.
Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No

Wait

Try again later.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait and, in fact, I am. In the same boat, was offered $250 CLI on a $3000 SL. I think I can get more by waiting one or two more statement cycles.
Message 4 of 9
TruBlu
Contributor

I would wait and hit the luv bottom in a month.

Meanwhile keep focusing your spend on the card. Keep in mind, Cap1 loves high usage and not necessary a balance.

I've personally passed on a 1k cli only to accept a 2.9k cli 3 weeks later. Of course YMMV.
One word of advice, whatever you accept for a cli will be so for the next 6 months. If you don't accept it, you can keep hitting the luv button to your hearts content. Enjoy!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I didn't accept it - I hope that it does go up some later on!

Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same situation. Did they offer a higher cli after wating?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered a +250 increase on a $1300 limit and it didnt change for a month and a half so i went ahead and took it and hope that it will be bigger in six months.  my score increased about 20 points in that month and a half and UTI dropped from 40% to around 22%

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my data point. I have a $6000 credit line now on a QS. Last month I decided to try for my CLI again. I was offered $1000 and elected to not take it and see if I would get a higher offer later. The next week I was offered the 1k again. The last two weeks I have been denied any CLI at all. Oops, should have taken the 1k I guess.

I am now using the card a lot and will get 1600 or so on it this month and pay it off and see what next month brings. My highest card is discover at 20k, so I was hoping for a better offer from Cap 1 as I have had them 5 years longer than I have had discover. Apparently not.

I am more into points than cash back so I do not use my QS often though I want to keep it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.