Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - CLI Denial Reason!

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Capital One - CLI Denial Reason!

I requested a CLI few days ago for Cap1 and I got this today in the document section.

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your

account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to

help you understand why:

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

I don't quite understand this! Last statement I had $1349 out of $2000 and PIF. Before that the card would balance between $200-$500 and PIF. I would have used it more, but the CL is just low. My other Sony Card is in sock drawer because it has a $1000. I would have used the card more if it had a decent credit limit, but I use other cards also due to revolving categories and benefits.

I'm tired of Cap1 malarkey! Card was at $300 when it started 3 years ago after rebuilding. Went to $500 and stopped there. It took EO to get me a $1000 and then EO again 6 months later to get $2000 but then it stopped. I called EO again and explained the situation and she will call me back within 5 days. We will see if this will be a keeper. They waived Annual Fee in November so I decided to keep it, but if it does not grow, then will close this by next AF. Have a little dillema with Sony. On one hand it's my lowest limit and I have no use for it, on the other hand it has no AF. I have plenty of room on other cards like BOA with $8k, Citi Simplicity with $6K, Chase, IT to close out Sony and not take a hit on utilization.

Has anyone ever seen a denial because card has not been used to its full potential?

Of course I was told I can apply for another Capital One product, but I declined! Why take 3 hard pulls and possibly get a same limit card?? That's like playing russian roulette with a loaded gun and hope for the best outcome. Capital One seems like they have the dumbest policies around.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - CLI Denial Reason!

@MarcinXP wrote:

I requested a CLI few days ago for Cap1 and I got this today in the document section.

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your

account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to

help you understand why:

Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

I don't quite understand this! Last statement I had $1349 out of $2000 and PIF. Before that the card would balance between $200-$500 and PIF. I would have used it more, but the CL is just low. My other Sony Card is in sock drawer because it has a $1000. I would have used the card more if it had a decent credit limit, but I use other cards also due to revolving categories and benefits.

I'm tired of Cap1 malarkey! Card was at $300 when it started 3 years ago after rebuilding. Went to $500 and stopped there. It took EO to get me a $1000 and then EO again 6 months later to get $2000 but then it stopped. I called EO again and explained the situation and she will call me back within 5 days. We will see if this will be a keeper. They waived Annual Fee in November so I decided to keep it, but if it does not grow, then will close this by next AF. Have a little dillema with Sony. On one hand it's my lowest limit and I have no use for it, on the other hand it has no AF. I have plenty of room on other cards like BOA with $8k, Citi Simplicity with $6K, Chase, IT to close out Sony and not take a hit on utilization.

Has anyone ever seen a denial because card has not been used to its full potential?

Of course I was told I can apply for another Capital One product, but I declined! Why take 3 hard pulls and possibly get a same limit card?? That's like playing russian roulette with a loaded gun and hope for the best outcome. Capital One seems like they have the dumbest policies around.

Who knows how they determine these things?  I just recently got a CLI from them via luv button--I had only used the card for one transaction in three months.  Had a $0 balance other than that.  *shrug*

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One - CLI Denial Reason!

Yes, they used it on me but it was deserved I only charged $1.00 in 6 months. If they don't meet your needs anymore then jettison them, I burned 2 Cap-1 accounts within the last 6 months and I only have 1 left, it will be burned this year if they fail to waive the AF.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.