Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI History

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI History

Started in 8/14 with a QS1 and Platinum at $3K each. 11/14 I PC'd the QS1 to QS and Platinum to QS. 2/15 I got one QS to $6.5K and the other one to $5K. Then I combined the two for my first $10K+ limit.

Then 9/15 I opened a Venture ($15K) and Venture One ($10K). 

2/16 I PC'd my Venture One to a QS Visa Signature.

Then last night I combined all 3 into a $36.5K QS Visa Signature.

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

inspiring Stories. Please keep them coming. Also, please indicate how much you said you used on credit per month with the limit increase given. I just did my wife's card. I said 1k per month because all the cards are mostly in my name and I use 8500. So she got an upgrade from 300-800.

Message 22 of 30
delaney1
Established Contributor

My QS started at 5k in June 2015, after 3rd statement cut hit the luv button and got a 5k increase. Beginning of this month was 6 months since last cli, hit the button and got another 5k increase. I never put how much I spent per month when asking for CLI. Ran about 5k a month through the card from June until End of the year.

Message 23 of 30
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

My QS visa opened 4/15 with 500cl, than 8/15, hit the love button and received 2k, 10/15 I received credit step increase of 500 bringing my total cl to 3k. Then 1/16, woke up one morning and got a 5k increase bringing me my total cl to 7k! I never put anything in the monthly spend box. This one of the reasons I love capital one😊

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 24 of 30
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Started in 8/14 with a QS1 and Platinum at $3K each. 11/14 I PC'd the QS1 to QS and Platinum to QS. 2/15 I got one QS to $6.5K and the other one to $5K. Then I combined the two for my first $10K+ limit.

hey, where did the qsvs come from, what that a pc from your original qs1? impressive work. does it always show the original line on the cr? thx
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS1 starting $500, after 3.5 mos up to $1500 via the love button, next increase coming soon at the 6 month mark.   I run about $500 month through it.

Message 26 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

hey, where did the qsvs come from, what that a pc from your original qs1? impressive work. does it always show the original line on the cr? thx

Good catch. I forgot to put that I PC'd my Venture One to a QS VS before I consolidated. Thank you. It's been a long road and prior to cap one my highest limit I could get was $500. Amazing how 2 years can change things!

Personal:

Business:

Message 27 of 30
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

I opened my platinum in October 2015 with a $500 CL and PCed to QS after first statement cut (thank you myfico board for that suggestion). I put a ton of use through the card. Probably 2-3k a month and PIF many times. Made sure utilization at statement cut was 9% or so (this is probably less relevant). Then I opened another platinum ($500 CL) in December and PCed that one in February to another QS. After 4.5 statements (a couple weeks after my fourth statement) on the first QS, I got an increase to $5000! Totally unexpected. I keep trying for a CLI on the other one but the reason it keeps giving me is that they're evaluating me at my current limits, which makes sense I guess. And I put that my spending is about $2500 a month on the CLI screen. I've been incredibly happy with CO. I plan on combining my cards depending on what kind of limit I can get the second QS to. I'd like to be able to use a card and PIF once a month without having super high utilization in doing so. So we'll see. Smiley Happy
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 28 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

inspiring Stories. Please keep them coming. Also, please indicate how much you said you used on credit per month with the limit increase given. I just did my wife's card. I said 1k per month because all the cards are mostly in my name and I use 8500. So she got an upgrade from 300-800.

I'd say I averaged around $2K a month in spend. I'd put every conceivable item on the card and pay them off. Some months it was a lot more and some months it was a lot less. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 29 of 30
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Sorry I missed your question. No it shows what ever limit you had when they closed. So I waited to close/combine until my first round of cards both got over $5K because supposedly that's a new bucket of limits when you get at/past $5K. I don't know if that's true or not but that's what I read on here!

Personal:

Business:

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.