Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Income Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI Income Question

When they ask for your annual income, are they asking for household income or personal income?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Income Question

Its any income you can reasonably access to pay the debt. My advice is not to inflate it. Its fine to include household income, but in a situation where there are others in your household besides a significant other, id advise against including all of that income.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When they ask for your annual income, are they asking for household income or personal income?

Generally if you have access to the income in the form of a spouse/partner with shared accounts you can include their income.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Its any income you can reasonably access to pay the debt. My advice is not to inflate it. Its fine to include household income, but in a situation where there are others in your household besides a significant other, id advise against including all of that income.

Well its just be and my girlfriend of 6 years who I own a home with. I was wondering if it was reasonable to combine our incomes. 

Message 4 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its up to you how much you include. You can include all of it combined or just a portion of hers
Message 5 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you dont have joint banking, etc, I wouldn't include all of hers.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Well its just be and my girlfriend of 6 years who I own a home with. I was wondering if it was reasonable to combine our incomes. 

If you own a home together, you can combine incomes

Message 7 of 10
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I include my fiancee's income since we own a home together and live together and will be married in less than 3 months.

Message 8 of 10
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

If the question simply says your income, the answer would be your personal income unless; they use the Word "Household" Just like Irish mentioned, any income of someone leaving with you that you have access to can be declared as a Household income if the question was "What is Your Household Income".
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peaceonearth wrote:
If the question simply says your income, the answer would be your personal income unless; they use the Word "Household" Just like Irish mentioned, any income of someone leaving with you that you have access to can be declared as a Household income if the question was "What is Your Household Income".

Good points.  You have to go to CapOne's FAQs to find out what you can include.  Here's what they say:

Personal Income: Income you earn, including full-time, part-time, or seasonal jobs, self-employment, interest or dividends, retirement, and public assistance.

Shared Income: Money from somebody else that is regularly deposited into your individual account or into a joint account that person shares with you.

Optional Income: Alimony, child support, or separate maintenance income doesn’t need to be included, unless you want it considered.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.