Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

Does anyone know which version of EQ they're using? 

Message 181 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

@Dubious wrote:

Does anyone know which version of EQ they're using? 

Mine matched myFICO EQ exactly.............GL!

Message 182 of 349
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Has anyone tried the online form and gotten a hard pull?  I know it says that it won't impact your credit score, but who really knows for sure...

Message 183 of 349
themanwhosoldtheworld
Valued Member

My letter showed it was a soft pull from Equifax from 05/28.  I started with this card way back in 2004 and have had a 500 limit since opening it.  The denial letter from them is showing that my actual credit score was 671 at the time that the soft pull was done and my fico is currently 702.  I have carried a balance on this card for the last couple of years and just paid the monthly payment being I was thinking it would help to show I have a constant payment history.  Well, I guess I was wrong and I am being punished by paying my minimum payments with them and I PIF all my other cards. 

Here is what the letter said:

"You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One account.  Unfortunately your account isn't eligible right now.  We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you under stand why:

*Your average monthly payment has been too low"

Seriously?  Well, I guess I am going to PIF this card and sock drawer it this month.  I have other cards that I would rather give the interest too than a card that will not even move me after 9 years of on time never over limit payments. 

I cannot say enough good about the Barclay Card I have.  Hit the luv button on the website the other day and tripled my previous limit instantly.  All it asked for was my income, employer name, how long I have been at my job, and the increase I was requesting.  I figured that tripling my limit would be enough but maybe I should have asked for more.  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 695 (MyFico)
Current Score: EQ 729(MyFico 05/07/14), EXP 724 05/08/2014, 744 Card Acquisition Risk Score 09/09/13 (Chase Pulled)
Goal Score: 800
Message 184 of 349
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Just got my "Sorry but we dont give your type of account increases" letter today. Mine was a secured card, $600 limit, $500 of which is my own money. Open since June 2010. Never late, Never over the limit, PIF most months... Currently have about $450 on it, so I am carrying a balance ( for now ). Later this month I`ll be getting an insurance settlement and was going to PIF all of my CC debt ( $2600 ) and close 3 of my 6 cards ( after everyone reports a 0 balance ).

If anything, I guess I now know who just volunteered for one of those 3 slots and wants to meet the scissors first. Smiley Very Happy

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 185 of 349
jjayla81

I also got the sorry your account isn't eligible message.. my reason was I had too many inquiries which I have around 10, 6 of which are related to car shopping and 2 of which related to mortgage shopping. 

Message 186 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Hi everybody. I think I'm ready to get a sp CLi , is it better to go the EO route or is this lov button working?

SIlver:

Message 187 of 349
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Hi everybody. I think I'm ready to get a sp CLi , is it better to go the EO route or is this lov button working?

Try the love button.  If that doesn't work, go with the EO.  

Message 188 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Have many had any luck?

SIlver:

Message 189 of 349
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Have many had any luck?

My DD is an AU on the rebuilder card that I have with them. I was going to cancel it after I was approved for several prime cards, but since it's a rewards card and she needs to build her credit, I simply put her on and gave it to her to use. I just tried the "luv button" on that card, and they bumped it up $500, bringing it up ot $1250. Not a huge increase, but it's something so I took it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 190 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.