tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied: Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low

Your Credit Score 795 Date: 2013-05-28
Source: Equifax Information Services

If a 795 can't get the job done, I'm not expecting much farther down the road.

My EQ score from the denial letter is 806

and the reason is "A credit limit increase on your account is currently not available upon request in order to review 

account activity at assigned credit limits"

can somebody explain to me what is that mean?

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 211 of 349
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@noobody wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and the reason is "A credit limit increase on your account is currently not available upon request in order to review 

I would be interested to find out too. My score is 778 EQ Fico but on the Cap1 reply I did not get a score at all. Upon checking my  EQ report. I cannot see any SP  other than from January 2013 ? Where do you see your score? It looks to me that they did not even look at my account / report ?  Or could they have pulled any other TU or EX for me?

Cap1_CLI_answer.png

Message 212 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

@noobody wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

".....NOT AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO REVIEW ACCOUNT ACTIVITY AT ASSIGNED LIMITS"

Haven't received the letteres yet but this what my online document said as well....one rep I spoke with said" they are still reviewing it ,but it is a denial and I can try again in 30 days". The other reps I spoke with said "this is a denial" and none of them could tell me what it meant. The wording is contradictory. My scores are sitting at 740/713/767 right now ---never any lates, collections, etc, low util------ but the report they used said 695 EQ. BTW---NICE SCORE! Someday I'll get there!

Message 213 of 349
Simply827
Established Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

I am very surprised to say that the CLI button worked for me! They raised my Venture card from $25k to $30k.

I think you may be the first person to get more than $500. Congrats!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 214 of 349
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

I am very surprised to say that the CLI button worked for me! They raised my Venture card from $25k to $30k.

I think you may be the first person to get more than $500. Congrats!

Thanks. I don't remember seeing anyone else getting more than $500 either which is why I was expecting a certain denial.

Message 215 of 349
Simply827
Established Contributor

".....NOT AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO REVIEW ACCOUNT ACTIVITY AT ASSIGNED LIMITS"

I would say this means they want to see how you use the card first before deciding to grant you CLI. Other have been denied CLI for not using enough of their current credit line. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 216 of 349
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Requested an increase and received th following reason for decline. 

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your

account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to

help you understand why:

There has been a change to the credit line on this account in the last 6 months

That's exactly the case; received an increase through the Executive Office a few months back.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 217 of 349
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

Requested an increase and received th following reason for decline. 

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One® account. Unfortunately, your

account isn´t eligible right now. We know this isn´t the answer you were hoping for and we want to

help you understand why:

There has been a change to the credit line on this account in the last 6 months

That's exactly the case; received an increase through the Executive Office a few months back.

Interesting,  I tried the button after I got an increase from EO and stated I was declined because my account was less than 6 months old.

Message 218 of 349
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@noobody wrote:
 the reason is "A credit limit increase on your account is currently not available upon request in order to review 

Capital One excuse book:

Account does not have enough time at current limits to determine if risk potentional meets required guidelines****

from the bottom of the page in the footnotes : **** Not like we will give one anways

Plain English:

Thank you for asking for a higher limit, however, we do not want to give you a higher limit because we simply do no want to.

Street Slang:

Yo fool! You`s think you going to get a limit increase because we allowed you to ask? Ha! are you crazy or sumpthin?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 219 of 349
jumpinjax
New Contributor

Cap One's CLI button reminds me of the yellow button when crossing traffic.  You know that this button doesn't work, yet the satisfaction is there that you've somehow stopped traffic a few moments earlier is albeit too irresistable.  Also, this CLI button is Cap One's way of making self-deprecation easier - resist the temptation and move on.

Message 220 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.