Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

@lajntx wrote:

@noobody wrote:
 the reason is "A credit limit increase on your account is currently not available upon request in order to review 

account activity at assigned credit limits"

can somebody explain to me what is that mean?

Capital One excuse book:

Account does not have enough time at current limits to determine if risk potentional meets required guidelines****

from the bottom of the page in the footnotes : **** Not like we will give one anways

Plain English:

Thank you for asking for a higher limit, however, we do not want to give you a higher limit because we simply do no want to.

Street Slang:

Yo fool! You`s think you going to get a limit increase because we allowed you to ask? Ha! are you crazy or sumpthin?

Lol

Message 221 of 349
lithium78
Established Contributor

Well, I am now one month back in the garden.  Honestly, I have pretty much every credit card I need.  Now that I've been approved for a mortgage, I no longer have any big ticket items I need credit to purchase.  So, things are looking good.  I've come a long way over the past seven years. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 222 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

@Simply827 wrote:

".....NOT AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO REVIEW ACCOUNT ACTIVITY AT ASSIGNED LIMITS"

I would say this means they want to see how you use the card first before deciding to grant you CLI. Other have been denied CLI for not using enough of their current credit line. 

I would think so as well...but...I have had this card for well more than a year, it has a $1500 cl and I have ran thousands through it. I have PIFd months on end with about 30% util, I have carried a high balance (never maxed) and made multiple payments 4-6X the minimum payment multiple times a month, I have charged low amounts to it and PIFd months at a time---never have I been late on any payments. They have seen how I use my card---well maybe now it will be USED. May SD it!

Message 223 of 349
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

I just got a $2k CLI! My util has been a little funky lately but I didn't want to wait around for a month to see if it would update just to have them say my account was ineligible... Happy surprise Smiley Happy

cap1 cli

Message 224 of 349
blunderer
Established Contributor

Niiiiice. Congrats. 

Message 225 of 349
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Is this a soft pull? Congrats on the CLI!

Message 226 of 349
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@darkpearl wrote:

I just got a $2k CLI! My util has been a little funky lately but I didn't want to wait around for a month to see if it would update just to have them say my account was ineligible... Happy surprise Smiley Happy

cap1 cli

Hi darkpearl,  can you share what your credit profile was when you received the increase? How long have you been with Capital One?

Message 227 of 349
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

I have been with Capital One since spring 2012. Util was definitely under 20% but very high on certain cards. Util on the cap1 card was low, maybe 10% each statement PIF but not before statement cut. It's my every day card because it is the no hassle rewards. At one point I may have been in the credit steps program because I received a $500 CLI after 6 statements, it is also the mastercard version but no AF. It was my 2nd credit card ever. My AAoA is low as you can tell from the date. You can see my other cards and most recent verified score in my sig. Maybe 6 inqs.

Message 228 of 349
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Well, I got my response: Nope.

The current credit line for this type of account makes the account ineligible for a credit line increase upon request

Whodawhat? Smiley Frustrated I guess this means my CL is at the cap?

This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made over the last year

Of course, that's because it's in the sockdrawer, dummy. I've had store cards with a higher CLs.

Your Credit Score: 793 Date: 2013-05-28

That's so close to 800 it makes my eye twitch in irritation. (I want to be in the 800 club really bad)

Message 229 of 349
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

Well, I got my response: Nope.

The current credit line for this type of account makes the account ineligible for a credit line increase upon request

Whodawhat? Smiley Frustrated I guess this means my CL is at the cap?

Of course, that's because it's in the sockdrawer, dummy. I've had store cards with a higher CLs.

Your Credit Score: 793 Date: 2013-05-28

That's so close to 800 it makes my eye twitch in irritation. (I want to be in the 800 club really bad)

Oh, OOh, Oh, do this.  Buy me a pack of gum on your card then buy a small box for it the next month and then the following month mail it me.  Make the payments each month and then post about what happens in 4 months and I will wait to chew the gum until then.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 230 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.