Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

@darkpearl wrote:

I have been with Capital One since spring 2012. Util was definitely under 20% but very high on certain cards. Util on the cap1 card was low, maybe 10% each statement PIF but not before statement cut. It's my every day card because it is the no hassle rewards. At one point I may have been in the credit steps program because I received a $500 CLI after 6 statements, it is also the mastercard version but no AF. It was my 2nd credit card ever. My AAoA is low as you can tell from the date. You can see my other cards and most recent verified score in my sig. Maybe 6 inqs.

Thanks for responding and sharing! Hopefully I will still be able to get an autoincrease Smiley Very Happy as well as a customer initiated one.

Message 231 of 349
Simply827
Established Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

Well, I got my response: Nope.

The current credit line for this type of account makes the account ineligible for a credit line increase upon request

Whodawhat? Smiley Frustrated I guess this means my CL is at the cap?

This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made over the last year

Of course, that's because it's in the sockdrawer, dummy. I've had store cards with a higher CLs.

Your Credit Score: 793 Date: 2013-05-28

That's so close to 800 it makes my eye twitch in irritation. (I want to be in the 800 club really bad)

This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made over the last year

Oh, OOh, Oh, do this.  Buy me a pack of gum on your card then buy a small box for it the next month and then the following month mail it me.  Make the payments each month and then post about what happens in 4 months and I will wait to chew the gum until then.

Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 232 of 349
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@darkpearl wrote:

I just got a $2k CLI! My util has been a little funky lately but I didn't want to wait around for a month to see if it would update just to have them say my account was ineligible... Happy surprise Smiley Happy

cap1 cli

That's a nice increase -- congrats!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 233 of 349
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Very interesting... requested a CLI via the online luv button on 6/23 and got "This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're 

reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you more credit."

Went ahead and tried again on 6/28 (hoping there was some internal change to policy then) and got "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low."

Looks like the button may actually be doing more now besides the standard CAP1 reply. Anyone else get this response? Also, any idea for how many months I may need to use this card for more than a pack of gum to request a CLI?

Message 234 of 349
bluescale
Regular Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Very interesting... requested a CLI via the online luv button on 6/23 and got "This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're 

reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you more credit."

Went ahead and tried again on 6/28 (hoping there was some internal change to policy then) and got "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low."

Looks like the button may actually be doing more now besides the standard CAP1 reply. Anyone else get this response? Also, any idea for how many months I may need to use this card for more than a pack of gum to request a CLI?

I requested after 6 months through the EO, and was able to get a CLI.  I don't know now if the button would have worked for me or not.  Ill give it a shot in 6 months.

Message 235 of 349
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

I got the exact same answer the first time and could not resist to process a CLI again because I wanted to see if I could get the above interface even if it ment 0 $ increase but unfortunately got the 10 day message again... Cap1 must hate me now for hitting that button again Smiley Tongue

At least I hope they will SP this time and send me the score!

Message 236 of 349
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Ok, so I'd like to go through the EO on this, how do I do that?

Message 237 of 349
gstq34
Contributor

Check your private msgs

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 238 of 349
beachbum33
New Contributor

After not visiting myfico for the past few weeks ran into this thread and went for it!!! Got 2 out of 3 credit increases, both $500, was declined,( 10 day Message) Sony Card. Brings my Platinum up to $1250 and No Hassle Rewards to $1750, I'm content for the next 6 months. Platinum was initially opened April 2010 $500 limit credit steps, No Hassle Rewards Nov. 2010 $750 limit increase after 6 months to $1250. Sony still at $1000 benn that way since Dec. 2010.  

Message 239 of 349
Nstark
Established Member

I'm satisfied went from $750 on my Journey card to $1250 (a $500 increase). Haven't had an increase since my intial credit steps I got last May.

Opened the card in Nov 2011 and still use it for various things such as Gas despite now having the Freedom and Forward cards. The Journey card still gives 1.25% cashback on everything when you pay on time.

Wallet: Sallie Mae World MC ($7K 10/31/13 - 5% Gas) | Chase Freedom ($3K - 5% Rotating) | Citi Student Forward ($2200 - 5X Food, Entertainment & Book Stores) | Sams Discover ($1750)

Drawer: Sams Consumer ($4.5K) | Capital One Student Journey ($1250) | Capital One Secured MC ($225)

Credit Start Date: 08/05/2011 Age: 21
Message 240 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.