Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
Scott90
Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

decided to try... got the 10 day letter message.

This is super frustrating.  Had the card now 6 years and its stuck at 750.  Even started using the card again the past couple months to help out my chances of finally getting a CLI and no such luck.  They really know how to treat a customer who has never had a late payment to a single company and a score just below 800.  I look forward to seeing what this letter says.  I am just glad I have multiple cards that blow this one away, but a CLI would still be nice. 

Message 251 of 349
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Scott90 wrote:

decided to try... got the 10 day letter message.

This is super frustrating.  Had the card now 6 years and its stuck at 750.  Even started using the card again the past couple months to help out my chances of finally getting a CLI and no such luck.  They really know how to treat a customer who has never had a late payment to a single company and a score just below 800.  I look forward to seeing what this letter says.  I am just glad I have multiple cards that blow this one away, but a CLI would still be nice. 

Have you contacted the EO???

*8/10/13
Message 252 of 349
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I have two more months until I'll give it a try!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 253 of 349
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Even though the executive office upped my limits (1500 -> 6000 and 750 -> 5000) a few months back, I gave the new monkey button a try a few days ago. Got the ten day message.

My letter stated the following:

The current credit line for this type of account makes the account ineligible for a credit line increase upon request.

The next page of the letter also referenced an Equifax score of 729, pulled previously on May 28. So it looks like they have been periodically reviewing accounts.

I'm happy with what the executive office already gave me though. I guess that's all they can give.

Message 254 of 349
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I called the 1-800 number for a CL increase on 6/19 and was denied....reason for the denial was that may account did not qualify. However, I hit the new love number today and got $500. Woohoo-Finally past the measly $750 CL increase. I'll take it
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 255 of 349
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@uppingmyscore
did you call the 1-800 number on your card or the backdoor number?
Message 256 of 349
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@Gatorguy- The number on the back of the card. I gave that poor guy a piece of my mind. LOL then turn around and did the same thing on the customer survey they emailed days after.
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 257 of 349
manzanita
Contributor

Just wanted to chime in - 

Both my husband and I got 500 increases on our cards via the new online feature.

Back on 6/22 when this was first posted, we tried it for his and got the 10 day message (and never got an actual letter btw). Tried it yesterday, added income (which we were not given the opportunity to disclose before) and voila.

Also on 6/22 I lobbied hard (but nicely) via the EO customer Service and Senior account reps (based in Spokane) for a CLI or PC given the fact that his account was from 2005, had only a $300 limit, had never received an increase, had perfect payment history etc. For my account, which had been sitting at 800 since 2004, I tried to reason with them and let them know that I'm getting better offers but I'd like to stay with Cap 1. Both our scores/incomes/profiles are dramatically different than they were 9 years ago. Nothing. Literally - no way, no how could these accounts be increased or PC'd, they were really apologetic but the accounts had "reached their full potential" and that we could apply for better accounts with them.

And, despite all this, instant approval on both yesterday. Note also, when we use the "Account features/Check for offers/upgrades" we get nothing.

So - not sure what that means, but wanted to add to the record for anyone else in similar situations.

Amex PRG - NPSL // Amex Delta Gold- 2000 // Amex SPG - 5400 // Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 // Citi Dividend - 5000 // Discover It - 10,000 // Barclay Arrival - 4000 // WestElm - 7000 // J.Crew - 1100

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 258 of 349
720andBeyond
Valued Member

Increase success!!!

Okay today I made a post about the credit gardening that I had been doing for over a year now. I am 2 years and 2 months out of chapter 7 bankruptcy with an Equifax score of 688 and TransUnion score of 682. I contacted Capital One about their new QuickSilver card. The online CSR told me that I had the option to upgrade my 1.5 year old Capital One Platinum card with a $750 balance for the QuickSilver One card for average credit. He also told me that both my Capital One Rewards card and my new QuickSilver One card would be available for CLI's. 

I was stunned lol. I said lets upgrade everything and so we went. Capital One gave me the Quicksilver One card with 19.8%(bad, but better than the 24.8% the Platinum card had) and they waived the $39 dollar fee. Again I was stunned, in a good way of course.

Next I applied for credit limit increases on both cards. I was awarded CLI's on BOTH cards!!!! I have only had one for a year and a half and the other for a year and two months. My new limits both increased $500 from $750 to $1250!!! I know it is not that much but I am very happy considering that many people seem stuck at $750 for EVER....which is horrible.

Message 259 of 349
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Interesting,

Although I was able to get the measly 500 increase from EO I decided to try the button (again) to see if it works.  The document they posted online for denial and the one they sent in the mail said two different things.

The document online stated the reason I was denied was because of the recent 500 increase, but the mailed one stated it was because my account was younger than 6 months. Pretty odd in my opinion.

Message 260 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.