cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Well maybe some changes are coming, on 6/25 when I reques...

Too  many people are using EO to get CLI and now they are not handing them to the underwriters anymore they are doing it the same way that the online CLI does it lol way to go people !!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 271 of 349
myjourney
Super Contributor

Tell you what I see all CLI seem to be the same amount $500 anyone else notice this?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 272 of 349
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Tell you what I see all CLI seem to be the same amount $500 anyone else notice this?

it's-something.jpg

Message 273 of 349
missjae
Established Contributor

I got a CLI from the "luv button", but first I got the 7-10 day message.  I saw the CLI before the letter, but the letter said something to the effect of because we value you, we have raised your CL by $500.  Something is better than nothing, but I did contact them through FB before I got the increase, so maybe that will help...I'm hoping.

I just realized I have a Boscov's card which is issues by Cap 1.  Don't think it was when I got it, but asked for an increase --DENIED.

Kohl's is a Cap One card.  Called in for CLI.  Was told that it was sent for processing.  Got a phone call later verifying it was me due to the fraud alert.  Woman said I should hear something within a day or two since the part of the company to make the decision was already closed for the day.  I want to keep my Kohl's card because of the discounts, so I'll take whatever.  They can keep the Boscov's though.....

Message 274 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Yeah that's what I got. They used a old report from Eq date 6/28 score 708 utl 22% now my score is 30 points higher and utl is 8%

SIlver:

Message 275 of 349
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I need a mc with a nice cl. I think I'll wait til jan app spree and try to get a citi Ty and then toss crap 1

SIlver:

Message 276 of 349
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Well just logged into my crap1 acc and saw a doc. It said that my acc wasn't eligible because I received a CLI with in 6 monthsSmiley Sad now wy would that rep tell me to try? Oh we'll try again jan

Because it is easier to train them to say that than to train them to for the right response, which might change or be different for certain accounts.  Remember, until recently, and even so now, many accounts were never eligible for CLIs.  If they had to train them for the different responses or how to check the cards it would take more time.  Instead they are trained to give scripted responses which might actually appease customers for a while.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 277 of 349
sirTee

$500 increase on the CLI luv button.

Amex BCE l Amex Zync I Capital 1 QS l Chase CSP l
Message 278 of 349
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

Just requested a CLI and got a $500 increase so that brings it up to $1,000. At least it's something, they always denied my requests before.

Message 279 of 349
liandur
Valued Member

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Yeah that's what I got. They used a old report from Eq date 6/28 score 708 utl 22% now my score is 30 points higher and utl is 8%

I did my first request from the on 6/29 and they used a report from 5/28, did another, and another, and a couple days ago...and they used a report that time from 6/28---I am in exact same boat---was EQ 715 then (utilization low all pulls between 2%- 10%), 737 now and still no CLI! I mean---what do you have to do to get a cli from them? I mean seriously---I have absolutely no negatives on any of my reports and never have---do I not charge enough?LOL

Message 280 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.