Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now

I keep hitting that 'Luv Button' for my converted HSBC card.  I keep getting the same reply!  Until the transition is complete...................

I asked the EO about this but they had no answer when it would change, but they did tell me two things.  1.  The conversion is complete.  2.  They could do a manual review.  I told then that I really want to be able to do it online like others do.  (I actually want it to be possible for everyone as I don't need anymore credit.  It would be nice to get the same treatment others get and for everyone to get that treatment!)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 291 of 349
p-
Valued Contributor

bernhardtra wrote:...They could do a manual review...

Ah, they are able to CLI the old OB cards with a Manual review?  Did you take them up on that?

Message 292 of 349
musicon1110
Valued Member

Could someone please send me the e-mail or # for the EO? Thanks in advance!
AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Message 293 of 349
Petraeus
Contributor

Send me a quick PM if you stil need EO # and I'll forward the info.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 294 of 349
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

bernhardtra wrote:...They could do a manual review...

Ah, they are able to CLI the old OB cards with a Manual review?  Did you take them up on that?

Yes, they are able to do a manual on the old OB cards.  Mine was a Household card and yes they just completed the manual on mine since I was tired of trying the online 'luv button' and getting the same silly reply about not being able to do it until the conversion is completed.  They gave me a whole $1000 raise.  I asked the EO lady if I should simply laugh about that raise!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 295 of 349
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Has anyone gotten a cli from them after getting the 10-day notice thing? I was hoping for an instant cli but got that message. I read though this thread and seems everybody who got a cli got it immedietely.  I've been going through a cli spree and was successful for all my cards but this one. Seems hard to believe they'll be sending me the good news in the mail.

Message 296 of 349
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

After getting a 500 CLI I was told that they aren't able to go back and review that CLI so that I was out of luck regarding gettting a bigger CLI. They were able to supposedly do a PC to Quicksilver. Who knows if this will happen. Not too entirely impressed, but they were super nice.
Message 297 of 349
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One has chosen not to join the regular bank card world. A poster on another site that worked for them said they are a strange group. Over the years I have had 8 or 9 cards with CL's as high as $10,600 and I closed all of them. They tried hard to keep me but I told them there are so many really good cards in the market place that actually provide great customer service and CL's why bother. I read a poster on this site that said Cap1 has different cards for different financial backgrounds and the better backgrounds have less trouble with CL's. Also, Cap1 did help me restart where I moved on to prime and prime plus cards from nay issuers. Moral of the story there is a card for every need.

Message 298 of 349
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Just went from $500 to $1000 using the button. EQ 680 (FICO) Ive had card for 2 years and havent received increase since the 7th month (from $300 to $500). This was my first card to start rebuilding. Other cards I have are $400 HSBC/Cap1 Discover and $6,500 Bank of America Cash rewards. I'm hoping I can get them to raise the limit on that Discover card too.

FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 299 of 349
Omuneek2
Established Member

Will you please PM the EO contact info to me? I hit the LUV button and got the 10 day message. I have ever been late, I've had the card since 2003 with a $500 limit. My other cards are at $5k to $20 K limits. I don't want to close my Cap 1 card because it is one of my oldest accounts.

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 300 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.