Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

Also - is there any harm in clicking this button a lot, being that it says "When you request a credit line increase online or in our automated phone system, our review to determine your eligibility will not impact your credit score. To check your eligibility for an increase, we use the information that we normally receive from the credit bureaus each month. This does not generate an additional inquiry."

I'm just thinking, could I just click this a few times a year and get a free credit score out of it, or is that a bad idea?

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 341 of 349
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used the online feature to request a CLI on my two QS credit cards with Capital One. Both of them had a CL of 5k. The first one I opened about 2 years ago directly with Capital One, the second one was a former Household Bank account. For the first one they offered me a CLI of $500 to $5.5k and for the second one a CLI of $2000 to $7000. I wished it was the other way around, but that's ok. I am very pleased that they gave me somethng. I am realy counting on their promise that " Checking your eligibility will not affect your credit score."

Message 342 of 349
Ineed2speed
Valued Member

Thanks to this forum I didn't know there was a CLI request button for my Capital One No Hassle Rewards card.  I've had this card for three years and I've been stuck at a $1500 limit until recently.  They've now increased my limit $3500.  It's not what I really wanted but it's enough for now.

Message 343 of 349
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

i received a $2k increase today...credit line was $500...now 2.5k...

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 344 of 349
red259
Super Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

Also - is there any harm in clicking this button a lot, being that it says "When you request a credit line increase online or in our automated phone system, our review to determine your eligibility will not impact your credit score. To check your eligibility for an increase, we use the information that we normally receive from the credit bureaus each month. This does not generate an additional inquiry."

I'm just thinking, could I just click this a few times a year and get a free credit score out of it, or is that a bad idea?

I wouldn't do it all the time, but 3-4 times a year if your getting denied may be ok. What you should not do is pull your credit report everytime, because I have heard of CRAs locking people out of free credit reports based on card denials because they pull them soo often. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 345 of 349
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@gh17 wrote:

I wouldn't do it all the time, but 3-4 times a year if your getting denied may be ok. What you should not do is pull your credit report everytime, because I have heard of CRAs locking people out of free credit reports based on card denials because they pull them soo often. 

CapOne gives you a free score of some sort every month already.

Message 346 of 349
Lilalota
Valued Member

Clicked it last night. Got the 2-3 days message. My requests so far have been declined. Hopefully, third time's a charm.

edited: request declined. Reason: low usuage. >_> last time i checked, I used about $500, which I really dont think is low, especially on one card.

Citi Forward: 8,100
CapitalOne VentureOne:18,250
Barclay Rewards: 8,000
Chase Freedom: 2,500 (-_-)
Discover IT:14,500
Newest addition: Citi Double Cash : 3,400
Message 347 of 349
plrogers1126

Just thought I'd share for everyone who thinks CAP1 will hardly ever let you out of the rebuilder card rabbit hole without getting a different card.  This is only my anecdotal story and YMMV.  I started in 3/2012 with the Green Cash Rewards rebuilder card ($1000) limit.  3-5 months later, thanks to the steps program I recieved a CLI to ($1500).  Somewhere in this time frame it became the QuicksilverOne Mastercard.  It stayed that way until Cap1 put the request CLI button on their website, which I did not immediately find, but in 02/2014 I clicked it and recieved an Instant ($500) CLI ($2000 at this point).  It was nice to see that I actually had received a CLI since I had previously been informed by someone at CAP1 that this product has a MAX credit limit of 2K and I was currently not eligible for a CLI.  Thinking I had just maxed out my CL, I called the back door number (03/2014) (someone importants direct line which is referenced earlier in this topic).  I spoke to a very nice (english speaking) lady and explained I wanted to switch this to a product that was not capped.  She told me there were no caps she was aware of but she could look into a CLI if I wished.  Another soft pull so I said sure, not really believing I would get another one since I just got one 2 weeks prior via the auto CLI on the website.  Next day I get a call and was approved for a ($3000) CLI up to 5K.  In the next few months I get a notice that my card has been upgraded to MC World Elite (nothing else seemed to change).  I clicked on the Auto Button again in sept (6+ months since last time I pressed the button, but not quite six months since the phone call, rejected (said I received CLI within past six months).  But three days later I log in only to see a (+$5000) bump to my CL (total 10k now).  The point of this really is that there is hope as long as your a little patient.

Message 348 of 349
dhakaia
Established Member

I've had my Capital One CC for exactly a year now.  It started off as a 'Platinum' card w/ just $300 CL. After three months, it was bumped to $1300... without any request from me.  About three months back they gave me an offer to convert it to a Quilsilver card w/ 1.5% cashback feature... so I took it.  Since then, I've been using it more than before. Last month I spent about $1100 on it and then paid it off before statement closing.

I decided to try the "Request credit line increase" option on their website tonight, and was hoping for a "Your request will be processed..." message.  But surprisingly, was told that I was eligible for an increased CL of $4300.  Obviously I accepted their gracious offer Smiley Happy and the CLI was immediate and had already posted on my account!

Message 349 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.