Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Request Online Now - UPDATE

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Request Online Now

I didn't try it becaue I'm waiting to hear results from all of you...  in March they promises SP and I got 3 fabulou HP's so.... 

I did have a chat though:

Edmund: How can I help you today?
you: I noticed the new credit line increase request buttom
you: D you pull credit to review?
Edmund: Yes.
Edmund: I understand your concern about your credit history. I assure you that any reviews we do to determine your eligibility for changes will not negatively impact your credit report or credit score.
Edmund: The inquiry is considered a Soft Credit Inquiry and soft inquiries are viewable by you and not potential lenders.
you: ok thats a great addition to your website if it is a soft pull.
Edmund: Thank you.
you: Which bureau do you pull from?
you: Because normally when you pull hard you pull from all 3
Edmund: We pull from all the credit bureaus that is Equifax, transunion, Experian.
you: OK, so 3 pulls but all soft.  And do you pull new that day or do you use old reports from previous pulls?
Edmund: We pull once in every 30-60 days.
you: How do I know if you pull a fresh one then?  Say I requested a CLI about a month ago, over 30 days but less than 60,
Edmund: I am sorry as I am not a credit analyst, I cannot comment on that, Kim.
you: In otherwords you woulnd't do a soft pull if there is a recent one on file.  I this correct?
Edmund: Yes, you are correct!
Edmund: I appreciate your understanding.
you: OK so it's best to wait 60 days from last try in order to have fresh report pulled.
Edmund: Let me explain the process how credit limit increase works.
Edmund: Capital One may periodically review your account so keeping your account in good standing may make you eligible for possible credit limit increases in the future.
you: ok
Edmund: At unspecified times throughout the year, we periodically review accounts.
Edmund: Various factors, including keeping your account in good standing, are taken into account during this review.
Edmund: If you are approved for this increase, you will see it on your statement, Kim.
FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 41 of 349
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Got 10 day letter thingy..... 

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 42 of 349
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha you all have convinced me not to even try this button. I hope everyone reports back with their 10 day letter results.
I'm going to die of laughter if it says the usual" customer initiated blah blah blah" hahaha

I can't wait! If only predictability was a measure of customer service rather than a measure of how predictable unpredictable Capital One's Cus Service/operations are. Lmao.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 43 of 349
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I gave it a shot, what the hell soft pull not withstanding also received a ten day message. Hit up the online chat who told me they are not able to review my request at this time but did state I should have a response on my account online in four days. I'll keep you guys and gals posted.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 349
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and took the dive. Same response as all others.

Will update when I know more.

Message 45 of 349
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

let me first say I am eternally grateful to Cap 1 for giving me another shot when everyone else slammed the door in my face. I am at month 6 with them having satisfied the 5 month requirement for their credit steps program so i am in a good spot ot get a CLI of some sort. Unfortunately given the cards in my sig, Cap1 is going to have to do something real nice for me to get its card out of my sock drawer cause at this point it is my lowest CL and offers no incentives to use it over the other cards I have. 

Message 46 of 349
MMB85
Contributor

How long should you wait in between credit line increase requests after getting approved? I've had my C1 card for about 4 years now. I started off with $1500 CL. Just under 2 years later I got it bumped to $3500 after they sent me an email offering me a credit line increase. Then last month I got it bumped to $5,000. When should I ask again? 6 months? 12 months? I wan't to keep increasing my lines not because so I can spend more, but just to strengthen my credit score and also having some security wouldn't hurt. 

Message 47 of 349
gstq34
Contributor

So now they have another way to tell you "no" without using man hours Smiley Happy  Closed these fools last month and their crappy credit line with it!  Went to Citi Simplicity, CSP, Amex Plat & Delta.  So long Cap 1.....

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 349
justforting
Regular Contributor

Was able to find it! But will wait for the auto CLI first!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 49 of 349
bluescale
Regular Contributor

<sigh> Same answer here.  I'm sure it'll be a denial.

Message 50 of 349
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.