Established Contributor
Changingmantra

Capital One CLI -Surprise

I have called Cap One several times over the past 3 months to see if my Visa rewards card ($1800 CL) and my M/C ($1000.00) were eligible for an increase.  The answer was always a decline.  I called just last weekend, got the same message.. even got the letter in the mail a few days ago.  I logged into my account tonight and was VERY surprised to see a $1500.00 CLI - it took me a while to really believe what I was looking at.  My credit scores are probably in the low 600's.  I wonder if the increase had anything to do with my transferring a large balance over to my Visa, which I finally paid down to zero last month.  My M/C was almost maxed before I got this CLI. In fact, I was (still am) going to transfer the M/C balance to my credit union Visa, which has a very, very low interest rate.  Oh, I have had these cards for 2.5 years and both were on the credit steps plan. I think over a six month period the Visa went from $500.00 to $1800.00 and has been there ever since.  The M/C started out at $500.00 too and could have gone up to $1500.00, but I went over my CL one month, so they did not give me my last CLI.   Wow, $1500.00 from Cap One.  This is the first CLI I have gotten from a major credit card company since 2008.  I do not even bother calling HSBC about my Discover and M/C! :smileyhappy:

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: Capital One CLI -Surprise

Congrats on the CLI! :smileyhappy:

Lenders seem to suddenly get in the giving mood this time year!

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Established Member
CyberGeek

[ Edited ]
Hi, I got my first card from capital one no one else would give me on, it was 300.00 in Aug 2010, now only a few months later they sent me another card with a 500.00 limit so I am happy with them. Congrats.
Frequent Contributor
Ortz33__

got a 300 increase on a capital one secured card yesterday as well!!!  now only if orchard bank would start making progress

Established Contributor
andre181

I just spoke to my mom, Cap1 increased her limit by $800 yesterday on her Classic Platinum Visa. I checked my 2 cards, no increase :smileysad:

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
rob198612

I logged on today not thinking about getting a CLI i saw my credit limit and didnt really noticed it until i look at it closely and noticed capital one gave me a $1000 CLI this is my second CLI in the past 4 months im extremely pleased with capital one! they are great!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+