Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI YEAH!!!

tag
prettywise77
Valued Member

Capital One CLI YEAH!!!

I included a part of this in a recent post, but after logging into my account this morning I had to come back and say thank you again!!

I apped for a cap1 card in June 2008, waited 3 months us the card a lot and called last weekend to request a cli, the CSR granted $750 my original cl was 2.5k, I knew I was on the step program which is why i was trying to hurry and get my the first cli before it hit.  Well I logged in to pay and sure enough I received my additional cli of $500 bringing my total cli $3750.  Capital 1 is A OK with me!!  Thanks FICO FAM!  The information works!! 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI YEAH!!!

Awesome i can wait to get my limits that high...currently at 1100!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
prettywise77
Valued Member

Ok the news is too good not to share, but I decided to combine the above card with my other Cap1 cc which had a limit of $1750.  Called back door # to combine, VERY NICE CSR said, sure we can combine them.  But let me raise the limit $500 first, I said ok, we looked at the interest rates and decided to keep the card with the lower APR at 10.86%.  So now my credit limit is drum roll please....  $6k!!  I am so happy!!!  I went from a $500 cl to 6k in less than 5months.  Thank you Fico forum!!  I am sure Chase will see that in a few months and hopefully follow suit!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice  work-

I am loving cap one more than Amex-

Higher CL, lower APR,
I called WAMU, Capone and Discover today and let them know I would being using my cards more. Capone gave me a 1K CLI.

prettywise77 wrote:
Ok the news is too good not to share, but I decided to combine the above card with my other Cap1 cc which had a limit of $1750.  Called back door # to combine, VERY NICE CSR said, sure we can combine them.  But let me raise the limit $500 first, I said ok, we looked at the interest rates and decided to keep the card with the lower APR at 10.86%.  So now my credit limit is drum roll please....  $6k!!  I am so happy!!!  I went from a $500 cl to 6k in less than 5months.  Thank you Fico forum!!  I am sure Chase will see that in a few months and hopefully follow suit!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a great job! I have a $1250.00 limit Cap One and a new one with only $750.00. I've already racked up $14.00 (in 3 weeks) in rewards on it using it for all my groceries and daily items I purchase.  I'll try the same strategy with the card. They've slowed me down now a bit though, by holding one payment I sent - a big one- for 10 days.
Message 5 of 6
want2b_800s
Contributor

Congrats on the cl increases. How exciting...don't you love that.

Anyway, I'm not feeling the love from cap 1 so much. Pushed the button and was instantly declined. Have had my cards for years, all paid down to zero. Maybe I should have called bk door #.

Are your scores over 700, for those of you who have received the cl increases?

Congrats again...wtg...you're my idols!!!!
Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.