Valued Member
prettywise77

Capital One CLI YEAH!!!

I included a part of this in a recent post, but after logging into my account this morning I had to come back and say thank you again!!

I apped for a cap1 card in June 2008, waited 3 months us the card a lot and called last weekend to request a cli, the CSR granted $750 my original cl was 2.5k, I knew I was on the step program which is why i was trying to hurry and get my the first cli before it hit.  Well I logged in to pay and sure enough I received my additional cli of $500 bringing my total cli $3750.  Capital 1 is A OK with me!!  Thanks FICO FAM!  The information works!! 
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Re: Capital One CLI YEAH!!!

Awesome i can wait to get my limits that high...currently at 1100!
Valued Member
prettywise77

Ok the news is too good not to share, but I decided to combine the above card with my other Cap1 cc which had a limit of $1750.  Called back door # to combine, VERY NICE CSR said, sure we can combine them.  But let me raise the limit $500 first, I said ok, we looked at the interest rates and decided to keep the card with the lower APR at 10.86%.  So now my credit limit is drum roll please....  $6k!!  I am so happy!!!  I went from a $500 cl to 6k in less than 5months.  Thank you Fico forum!!  I am sure Chase will see that in a few months and hopefully follow suit!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Nice  work-

I am loving cap one more than Amex-

Higher CL, lower APR,
I called WAMU, Capone and Discover today and let them know I would being using my cards more. Capone gave me a 1K CLI.

prettywise77 wrote:
Ok the news is too good not to share, but I decided to combine the above card with my other Cap1 cc which had a limit of $1750.  Called back door # to combine, VERY NICE CSR said, sure we can combine them.  But let me raise the limit $500 first, I said ok, we looked at the interest rates and decided to keep the card with the lower APR at 10.86%.  So now my credit limit is drum roll please....  $6k!!  I am so happy!!!  I went from a $500 cl to 6k in less than 5months.  Thank you Fico forum!!  I am sure Chase will see that in a few months and hopefully follow suit!

Regular Contributor
siangirl34

That's a great job! I have a $1250.00 limit Cap One and a new one with only $750.00. I've already racked up $14.00 (in 3 weeks) in rewards on it using it for all my groceries and daily items I purchase.  I'll try the same strategy with the card. They've slowed me down now a bit though, by holding one payment I sent - a big one- for 10 days.
Contributor
want2b_800s

Congrats on the cl increases. How exciting...don't you love that.

Anyway, I'm not feeling the love from cap 1 so much. Pushed the button and was instantly declined. Have had my cards for years, all paid down to zero. Maybe I should have called bk door #.

Are your scores over 700, for those of you who have received the cl increases?

Congrats again...wtg...you're my idols!!!!
:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}