Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI denied

tag
Calbuc
Established Member

Capital One CLI denied

I only have one credit card, a low limit Capital One card, I acquired two years ago when I started to actually care about my credit. Since I've had the card I have never missed a payment and balance stays under 10%. I recently inquired about an increase to my credit limit and was denied. I received a letter stating, "This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request." When I call for answers why I was denied, no one can offer me any further explanation. Should I apply for a new card, with a different company? It seems weird that a card I acquired with a 550 credit score can increase my limit now. Can anyone offer any insight? Thank you.

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 668
Goal Score: 701

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI denied

You didn't get the memo? Capital One doesn't do customer-initiated CLI's for rebuilder cards. It's not even worth taking the chance that it could result in a 3 CRA HP. Use them until you have over 1 year of positive history and sock drawer them because you'll be ready for new cards.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 16
Calbuc
Established Member

Thanks a ton.

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 668
Goal Score: 701

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 16
DVH1980
Contributor

Big suprise. Cap 1 is terrible with CLI's.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 4 of 16
DVH1980
Contributor

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 5 of 16
John060675
Valued Contributor

I have 2 Cap 1 CC's, and the first one has never had a bump in the CL (been open since 2007).  The other had one bump after 90 days, but that has been all so far.  Doubt I will ever see an increase from either one.  Such is life.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would SD it for recurring charges and move to greener pastures if you have the score and report to do so.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

maybe if you win a lottery then they might offer you another $250 increase......just a thought.... Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 16
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

LOL. I honestly don't know why I keep opening the "Capital One CLI Denied" links and read the info. I feel like Charlie Brown falling for the football trick every time but keep landing on my butt..

I'm waiting though for the day where there is a link that says "Capital One CLI approved"..That will be the day!!!!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 9 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

LOL. I honestly don't know why I keep opening the "Capital One CLI Denied" links and read the info. I feel like Charlie Brown falling for the football trick every time but keep landing on my butt..

I'm waiting though for the day where there is a link that says "Capital One CLI approved"..That will be the day!!!!

People open them because they're hoping to see some denial reasons other than "Capital One does not currently take customer initiated CLI's at this time".

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.