Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Does Capital One give CLI if you have the Secured Card?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Yes, usually on or after the 6th statement. Not sure if they do another one at the 1 year mark, but there are some on this board (including me) that will know very soon.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm guessing they will give you one and keep you there. thats why i recommend everyone to get secured card with someone who isnt so stingy.

Message 3 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Not sure why people think Cap 1 does CLI for secured cards, I called and asked about it they do not do it you have to make deposits.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 19
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

ive gotten a 300 cli on a secured... 

Message 5 of 19
Datx
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Not sure why people think Cap 1 does CLI for secured cards, I called and asked about it they do not do it you have to make deposits.

One reason being is because its stated on their website. HERE is the link for Cap One's secured card and if you look to the left, there is a statement regarding CLIs basked on your payment and credit history. I have gotten a $100 CLI at my 6 month mark, probably due to my low deposit of $300. I'm waiting to see if there are any CLIs at the 12 month mark, but it doesn't look too promising. Thinking of paying the low AF for another year before I cut it loose.

Message 6 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Good idea to post the link, M.C.S.  Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 7 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm guessing they will give you one and keep you there. thats why i recommend everyone to get secured card with someone who isnt so stingy.

Who else adds unsecured CL to the secured cards?   Who do you recomend who is not so stingy?

Message 8 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

One reason being is because its stated on their website. HERE is the link for Cap One's secured card and if you look to the left, there is a statement regarding CLIs basked on your payment and credit history. I have gotten a $100 CLI at my 6 month mark, probably due to my low deposit of $300. I'm waiting to see if there are any CLIs at the 12 month mark, but it doesn't look too promising. Thinking of paying the low AF for another year before I cut it loose.

That just proves there phone reps are boneheads. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 19
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

When my credit was bad, I would put $50-$100 here and there on it and before I knew it, I was getting a bump in my scores for it. Started a $200 and got my card up to $2450 cl right now and about to hit 6 month mark. I ran into some money and threw it one there for the heck of it.  I know not everyone has expendable income to do it, but IMO its a lot better than waiting for them. Plus if I'm ever in a jam I can close the card and get all that back. I'm curious to see my CLI after next month though.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.