Reply
Established Member
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎04-22-2011
0

Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Does Capital One give CLI if you have the Secured Card?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,051
Registered: ‎05-20-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Yes, usually on or after the 6th statement. Not sure if they do another one at the 1 year mark, but there are some on this board (including me) that will know very soon.

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Established Contributor
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-07-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

i'm guessing they will give you one and keep you there. thats why i recommend everyone to get secured card with someone who isnt so stingy.

__________________________
01/11/2011: FICO:TU: 746
12/14/2010: FICO:EQ: 744
08/12/2011: FICO:EXP: 766
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Not sure why people think Cap 1 does CLI for secured cards, I called and asked about it they do not do it you have to make deposits.




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎11-10-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

ive gotten a 300 cli on a secured... 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,051
Registered: ‎05-20-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards


LS2982 wrote:

Not sure why people think Cap 1 does CLI for secured cards, I called and asked about it they do not do it you have to make deposits.


One reason being is because its stated on their website. HERE is the link for Cap One's secured card and if you look to the left, there is a statement regarding CLIs basked on your payment and credit history. I have gotten a $100 CLI at my 6 month mark, probably due to my low deposit of $300. I'm waiting to see if there are any CLIs at the 12 month mark, but it doesn't look too promising. Thinking of paying the low AF for another year before I cut it loose.

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Established Contributor
Posts: 582
Registered: ‎10-17-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

Good idea to post the link, M.C.S.  :smileywink:

 

Thanks!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards


gbishere wrote:

i'm guessing they will give you one and keep you there. thats why i recommend everyone to get secured card with someone who isnt so stingy.


Who else adds unsecured CL to the secured cards?   Who do you recomend who is not so stingy?

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards


MyCreditStinks wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Not sure why people think Cap 1 does CLI for secured cards, I called and asked about it they do not do it you have to make deposits.


One reason being is because its stated on their website. HERE is the link for Cap One's secured card and if you look to the left, there is a statement regarding CLIs basked on your payment and credit history. I have gotten a $100 CLI at my 6 month mark, probably due to my low deposit of $300. I'm waiting to see if there are any CLIs at the 12 month mark, but it doesn't look too promising. Thinking of paying the low AF for another year before I cut it loose.


That just proves there phone reps are boneheads. :smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎04-24-2011
0

Re: Capital One CLI for Secured Cards

When my credit was bad, I would put $50-$100 here and there on it and before I knew it, I was getting a bump in my scores for it. Started a $200 and got my card up to $2450 cl right now and about to hit 6 month mark. I ran into some money and threw it one there for the heck of it.  I know not everyone has expendable income to do it, but IMO its a lot better than waiting for them. Plus if I'm ever in a jam I can close the card and get all that back. I'm curious to see my CLI after next month though.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.