cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI posted to my account this morning! Holiday CLI???

tag
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Capital One CLI posted to my account this morning! Holiday CLI???

Just looked at my Capital One accounts online today and one card posted a CLI to $1,250. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm a year out of BK7. Anyway, I just thought I'd share in case Cap 1 is doing their "holiday CLI" for everyone right now!

Good luck everybody!

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI posted to my account this morning! Holiday CLI???

Oh, one more thing to mention: I have two Capital One cards. One of them is at a $500 limit up from a starting limit of $300 and this one did not get an increase today. The card that did get an increase is about 6 months newer than the one @ 500 that did not get  a CLI.

The card that did get a CLI is one that I use very heavily, and pay off every month to zero before the statement posts.

I don't use the $500 card often at all. So for anyone out there who is wondering about these things, hopefully that helps.  If I were trying to determine what causes a CLI that is anything other than random, I would dare to bet that usage plays a factor in the CLI decisions, at least it did for me in my scoring/credit category.

Smiley Surprised)

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI posted to my account this morning! Holiday CLI???

Congratulations to you!!!

Cap1 has been giving out CLI's to a lot of people lately it seems, I still have my two Cap1 cards I opened early 2010 when I was rebuilding, my scores then were IIRC between 583-610, I was given a CL of 500 on the regular Platinum and 750 on the No Hassle Rewards, actually I was in the credit steps program, and the Platinum was 300 initial and after 3 months it was bumped to 500 and the No Hassle Rewards was 500 initial and after 6 months it was bumped to 750, where they both still sit today.

I was going to close them before the AF hit this year, but against my better judgement I decided to pay the AF and see if Cap1 steps up and offers me something better now that my scores/reports are soooooo much better.

I guess time will tell, if they don't, I will be closing both before the AF hits next year.

But, Congratulations to you again, any auto CLI is a good CLI!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.