Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI recon info needed

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Capital One CLI recon info needed

Does anyone have the Capital One Recon phone number or contact info for Capital One EO? I received a CLI after 3.5 years and it was minimal at best. If I don't get a decent limit after that long then I will just close the account and get the NFCU Flagship card. Its virtually useless with that limit for international travel. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI recon info needed

you can try messaging capital one on facebook and they'll get the matter esculated for you
that's how i got the EO attention and they are reviewing my account for CLI and then work on the offer to upgrade my credit card to a rewards acct with no AF

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 2 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

RE: How does the Walmart Card compare?

Thats actually how this CLI happened. I facebooked them asking to PC me from the Platinum to the Quicksilver. They PC'd me to it (The Quicksilver, not QuicksilverOne) and gave me a tiny CLI to $2300 from $1750. I do extensive traveling but what is the point in an excellent travel rewards card with a limit that low? Plus, I don't want it to ever report more than 50% credit used so that brings it down even more. Anyways, I will try the facebook approach again. 

Message 3 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: RE: How does the Walmart Card compare?

well the EO lady spoke to gave me her # you can try using this # 800-955-1455

Message 4 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

RE:

Awesome. Thank you very much. I just sent a message to their facebook being very respectful and explaining my situation. I will give that number a call next week and see if it goes through. I am in Afghanistan right now so the time change can make it difficult to call stateside during business hours. 

Message 5 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: RE: How does the Walmart Card compare?

hehe.. Quicksilver huh
well the EO told me I was eligable for upgrading to cash reward 1.5% card so i'm assuming it's that one then because i currently have the mastercard platinum

with 39 annual fee and she said the card I can be upgraded to has no AF and looking at their card list quicksilver has no AF and quicksilverone has annual fee
if it's the quicksilver i see it's a Visa Card and that will mean i will no longer carry a network provided by Mastercard
i'll have 3 cards with visa and a discover lol

Oh Btw.. the number i gave you is the office number of EO i just tried calling it because i couldn't make out the # with my own handwriting lol but luckily it was correct #

Message 6 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

RE:

I appreciate all the help. What they told you about the 1.5% no AF Quicksilver is exactly what they told me. However, they only gave me a $2,300 CL. My other cards are all $5K+ CLs. It would be nice if they gave me a $5K CL (what I requested) so I could get the card in Visa Signature. However, if they are unable to help me then I will most likely close that card and get the NFCU Flagship card. It is also 1.5% and I'm pretty certain I can get a $10K+ CL.

Message 7 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: RE:

Quicksilverone is master card and I also requested 5000 CL from my current 2500 CL
but she also asked me if i'm willing to except a partial increase nothing less then a 1000 increase  which the underwriter will have to review first and see if he can approve the full 5000 CL I said sure why not let's see where it goes i want to be rewarded

Message 8 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Thats a good idea. I can live without my Cap1 card however they took me in when not many else would so I would like to stay with them. However, if they can't do anything for me then I will take my business elsewhere. I make $175000 a year plus Per Diem when I travel. My current CL doesn't cover my hotel stay let alone any other travel expenses. I have a feeling NFCU is in my near future. 

Message 9 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

GL on the outcome just remember that if they really valued you they will go out of their way to make it happen not based on some numbers but hard facts of how you spend and pay back and length of relationship with each other

I'm not really expecting that i will get my credit limit bumped up to 5000 especially after hearing her ask me if i'm willing to accept a partial increase if in event they can't give me all of it

I already applied with BofA better rewards master card in anticipation of them giving me just 1000.00 CLI and convert it to quicksilver no AF card
then i'll Sock Drawer this card for good

175000? can you loan me 1000 CL of your own money Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.