cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI req - How Long to Wait between?

tag
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI req - How Long to Wait between?

I just got my 15k Venture card last week, should I try the luv button, or is it too soon?

Message 11 of 13
Repairman
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

I recently hit the 6 month mark on my Capital One Platinum card in the Credit Steps program and they gave me a nice automatic credit limit increase. A month later, I was granted a product change to a Quicksilver Rewards card. How long, should I wait to request another cli? Would Capital One be open to giving me an increase so soon? Or should I hold off? Any thoughts? 

6 months for CLI with cap one. However, you can try as many times as you like as it is a soft pull on your CR. 

Yup. I tried, and yes it was a soft pull, and yes it was denied. And yes, the reason they gave for denial was that I recently received a cli. So I'll try again in about 5 months.

Message 12 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

I just got my 15k Venture card last week, should I try the luv button, or is it too soon?

It's too soon and you will appear to be desperately seeking credit. 15k is nice. Just let it be.

The luv button will auto decline you anyway for the account being too new. Generally if it hasn't been 6 months, the button won't work. You can press it as many times as you want, it's a SP, but it will decline you until 6 months in most cases. At the very least, 4 months

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.