Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI request question - BuyPower related

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI request question - BuyPower related

So as most of you know, the BuyPower card is now merged in with the rest of the Cap 1 cards on their site and mobile app.

My question is related to CLI... the rule for Cap 1 is 1 CLI per 6 months, but I'm wondering if the BuyPower is still separate. I received a slight bump after 5 months when I first opened the card, but the CLI button on the BuyPower site has been disabled for months. I'm eligible for a CLI on my QS in early October, and would hate to mess that up by trying one on the BuyPower.

Also, IIRC, if you hit the CLI button but don't accept what they offer, it doesn't count, correct?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI request question - BuyPower related

@Anonymous wrote:

So as most of you know, the BuyPower card is now merged in with the rest of the Cap 1 cards on their site and mobile app.

My question is related to CLI... the rule for Cap 1 is 1 CLI per 6 months, but I'm wondering if the BuyPower is still separate. I received a slight bump after 5 months when I first opened the card, but the CLI button on the BuyPower site has been disabled for months. I'm eligible for a CLI on my QS in early October, and would hate to mess that up by trying one on the BuyPower.

Also, IIRC, if you hit the CLI button but don't accept what they offer, it doesn't count, correct?

This thread from last week seems to indicate that they are not allowing customer-initiated CLI's on the card yet, but that could have changed. At any rate, it's a soft pull now, so feel free to try it. Being on the regular Capital One site now is pretty much a guarantee that you're limited to 1 CLI every 6 months.

You can also get on their chat, and ask when your card will be eligible for a CLI. You do not have to accept their CLI offer if you don't want, and it does not reset the CLI clock until you accept one. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.