Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI

tag
elm84
Contributor

Capital One CLI

I have a secured card with Cap 1 I did the ($49) and I have a 300 limit (Got one increase) No money has been added to this except the $49.. I am rebuilding but I am trying to increase my UTI and I don't want to tie up money in secured card when I am getting offers for unsecured cards from companies .. It was recommended that I call and inquire about closing my secured card. I have a unsecured Cap 1 Card as well. I have read on the forums of people getting increases on secured after getting CLI declines. Any thoughts?

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
elm84
Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI

Oh I have had the card since 10/13 Never Late PIF all but 2 times

Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You can always call and ask for CLI it is sp with Cap-1. I would not advise closing until you have at least 1 yr of history reporting, I normally advise 2 years of history on  cards prior to closing to get the full FICO score possible based on its individual attributes. The loss of the CL to utilization is immediate so take that into consideration as well. I dont see any prime cards in your siggy and personally I would not close this card until you are able to qualify for a good prime unsecured.

Message 3 of 4
elm84
Contributor

Thanks Smiley Very Happy I am working towards Prime Cards .. One Step at a time Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.