Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI

I have been trying to get a higher credit limit with capitalone and everytime it says that i am at maximum that there policy allows, should i close the card? If i apply for another card can i combine limits? The limit is currently 10000.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI

I'm not sure anyone can answer that except you.  Is your goal to get the highest possible credit line available from C1, or to shut down other cards with lowers cl's in favor of just one card?  $10k may be more than enough for many folks but just a drop in the bucket for others.

Message 2 of 7
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to get a higher credit limit with capitalone and everytime it says that i am at maximum that there policy allows, should i close the card? If i apply for another card can i combine limits? The limit is currently 10000.

From what i've read about capital one and their limit increases, I could easily see why you're at your maximum because they just don't give high limits. If I were you i'd join the rest of their customers and keep it but don't use it.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 3 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

If the credit limt is sufficient for your needs use the card. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Capital One card when I was 18 with a $500 limit. 3 years later with a 750 credit score and no late payments, it is still at $500 and have been denied for a credit limit increase. 

Message 5 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

your score must be in the 800s (fico). it is very uncommon to hear about higher credit limits with cap one over 5k. that is like having a bofa in the 40k.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 6 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what i've read on here, Capital One no longer combines credit limits anymore.  May be worth a call to their backdoor though.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.