Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI:

tag
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Capital One CLI:

I recently began a new job requiring me to charge several things such as airline tickets to and from training, hotels, rental car, etc. These items are reimbursed on an expense report, however the company is slow paying in this aspect. My 19 year old Capital One account has a CL of $4300. Not wanting to exceed the credit limit, I paid the balance mid-month before adding new charges. I asked for a CLI, however was denied due to "The average account balance on this account has been too low". I don't 'carry' a balance month to month, what does this mean. My credit score is okay (814 Equifax pull, 04-18?) 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI:

@clipperskipper wrote:

I recently began a new job requiring me to charge several things such as airline tickets to and from training, hotels, rental car, etc. These items are reimbursed on an expense report, however the company is slow paying in this aspect. My 19 year old Capital One account has a CL of $4300. Not wanting to exceed the credit limit, I paid the balance mid-month before adding new charges. I asked for a CLI, however was denied due to "The average account balance on this account has been too low". I don't 'carry' a balance month to month, what does this mean. My credit score is okay (814 Equifax pull, 04-18?) 

It means you should get a better card with a better bank that will meet your needs and your credit profile.

If you are traveling a lot I would look at Chase CSP, Barclay Arrival or possibly if chance of using same hotel each time the specific hotel card but I would probably go with one of the first 2 I mentioned as a better overall card.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@clipperskipper wrote:

It means you should get a better card with a better bank that will meet your needs and your credit profile.

If you are traveling a lot I would look at Chase CSP, Barclay Arrival or possibly if chance of using same hotel each time the specific hotel card but I would probably go with one of the first 2 I mentioned as a better overall card.

oh, and then google Capital One President Email address and send off an email with your phone number to contact you and ask them for a cli to $15k, they will usually call you within a day and they will put in for a manual review instead of the computer decline that you were given, it's also not a hp.

Message 3 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@clipperskipper wrote:

oh, and then google Capital One President Email address and send off an email with your phone number to contact you and ask them for a cli to $15k, they will usually call you within a day and they will put in for a manual review instead of the computer decline that you were given, it's also not a hp.

I would agree with this. And if you don't get results that you're looking for app for the Arrival -- amazing card at effective 2.2% cashback.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.