Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI

Hello! I have 2 open Capital One cards. One ive had 2 years and the second (QuickSilver) ive had about 6 months. I requested a CLI on the oldest card (limmit is currently 1500) considering my FICOs are all in 680s (Exp, Trans) and a 655 Eqx. They denied me and their reasons were because my score is low and they listed my Eqx score at a 520 with a pull date of Oct 2014. Well my scores has drastically increased since then and I was shocked they didnt pull new scores. Does anyone know why this is? Any back door number where i can call and get a recon? Im puzzled...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CLI

Do a search on this site of one of the 1000's of thread regarding this.. They pull CR's of 5 months old for me just solely so they can deny the CLI...  Or at least that is my take on itSmiley Happy..  Anyways, yes they pull old reports all the time, requesting a CLI WILL NOT DO A SP RIGHT THERE... You might have to go the EO route if you really want it.  Or let me say you will have to go that route.

Message 2 of 4
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately Capital One likes to use credit reports from a few months back that they SP. This can cause denials such as yours if your scores were lower back then. Happened to me and I got no assistance from chat when I bought that up. Read on the forums on how to get in contact with an EO and decided to use the Facebook route. Sent them a private message to explain this issue and they got me in touch with an EO who called me. I got my overdue 6 month CLI that way. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses guys. This is so frustrating. I dont know why they do that. Walmart did that to me constanly during the worst possible time in my financial life and kept changing my limit WITHOUT me even requesting anything. Pulling old reports should be forbidden. I will try the EO route. Ive been reading on here that it has been a help to some folks. I googled him but no good contact information came up. I will try another route. Thanks! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.