Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLIs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLIs?

How soon is too soon to ask for a CLI from Capital One? I've recently seen people get a sizable CLI after their 2nd or 3rd statement.

I'd like to ask for one. After I got my $6k Discover, I felt like I kind of shot myself in the foot and probably should have app'd for the QS rather than the QS1. A $1000 limit just sucks to work with and I'd like to use it more for the 1.5% cash back. I know I can feasibly PC to QS at about 6 months or so, but am I out of luck in the meantime?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLIs?

How long have you had the card?  You can get it sooner and it will all depend on credit profile.  Some have gotten it in 2 months and others in 6 months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really have the best credit yet, but I started out with two Capital One cards. My first was just small CL of $300 and they upgraded it to $500 after six months. In another six months, they only went up to $600. As for my Journey card, it went from $500 and $1750 and I was very excited about that as it was the highest limit I had among my six cards. I know that you can ask online every six months it seems, but I assume if you do a better job than I did with paying them, it could happen sooner.

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How soon is too soon to ask for a CLI from Capital One? I've recently seen people get a sizable CLI after their 2nd or 3rd statement.

I'd like to ask for one. After I got my $6k Discover, I felt like I kind of shot myself in the foot and probably should have app'd for the QS rather than the QS1. A $1000 limit just sucks to work with and I'd like to use it more for the 1.5% cash back. I know I can feasibly PC to QS at about 6 months or so, but am I out of luck in the meantime?

My experience is that 6 months is the path of least resistance with Capital One.

If you want a bigger limit, perhaps apply for the Venture card. Their limits are much better than the QS.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.